Assistant Women's Volleyball Coach
Assist in the overall instruction and training of student-athletes under NCAA operating bylaws, including the recruitment of new student-athletes, strength and conditioning, ongoing assessment of student-athlete abilities, and academic advising.
- Develop game/practice plans and communicate both verbally and in writing with current and potential students on various academic and social issues, etc. Provide verbal and written instruction to student-athletes on sport-specific skills and game-related tactics in one-on-one, small group, and large group sessions (i.e., during games, on-field practices and video review sessions). Comply with and uphold NCAA rules and guidelines and complete all necessary documentation.
- Within guidelines issued by the athletic department, the Big East Conference, and the NCAA, perform work related to the recruitment and retention of student-athletes. Assess the abilities of potential student-athletes and make recommendations to the Head Coach for acceptance to the College. Such work requires exercise of independent judgment in scouting potential student-athletes.
- Assess student-athletes' ability to effectively apply sport-specific skills and game-related tactics in game or practice situations subsequent to instruction by head or assistant coach(es).
- Develop, implement, and monitor a conditioning program for student athletes. Counsel injured student-athletes and assist in and monitor their recovery.
- Serve as direct liaison to the Office of Academic Services and partner with that office to advise student-athletes on academic issues. Counsel student-athletes on decisions regarding academic standing and academic problems.
- Initiate fundraising efforts and public relation initiatives through contact with alumni and parents of student-athletes.
- As needed, arrange for the procurement or purchase of needed equipment or services to support the training and education of student-athletes.
- Maintain a working knowledge of "best practices" in regard to sport-specific skills, game related tactics, and physical fitness concepts through attendance at coaching seminars and from instructional materials, both written and video.
- Perform all other duties as may be required.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor's Degree in related field from an accredited institution required
- Significant intercollegiate playing and coaching experience in sport required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- First aid and CPR Certification preferred
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 2,357 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Northeast College Athletics