ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage all aspects of PS&E web properties, including but not limited to planning, UI/UX design, writes and edits content, coding and e-commerce best practices
- Translate wire-frames to code (custom coding and Word Press experience)
- Optimize the design of the sites to be mobile-first, increasing SEO and increases traffic
- Effectively and efficiently embed high quality video elements into the sites, in conjunction with the Broadcast department
- Occasionally will be required to work on game nights for both the Pacers and Fever season
- Continuously improve web efforts by content optimization to increase traffic and engagement.
- Provide input on digital brand strategy of the websites, including leading efforts for upcoming site refreshes
- Daily maintenance of site pages that drive ticket sales, groups, events/shows, sponsorship activations, live chats, online merchandise shopping carts, and other areas as determined
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability within a mobile responsive framework
- Experience working on large-scale, complex web applications
- Collaboration with the NBA and WNBA Digital Teams for site management and implementing new tools and features of league-owned sites.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university or Trade degree, and at least three years of experience in Web development/publishing and Online content production
- Excellent written communication skills required. Ability to edit written content under deadline pressure
- Ability to write clearly for headlines and photo captions under deadline pressure
- Knowledge to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as computing team statistics, calculating percentages for website design, publishing and photo/video editing and managing file sizes for digital media
- Experience migrating servers and updating software including Magento 2.0 a plus
- Must be able, through creative, logical and technical means, to see projects through to completion
- Good communication skills and ability to drive cross-functional project execution; must be detail oriented
- Familiarity with JIRA/Atlassian, Drupal and Bootstrap
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies and development trends
- Ability to take ownership of projects and multi-task
- Portfolio of work will be required for interview
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Use telephone
- Use computer
- Speak, hear and write
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position must be able to work evenings and weekends as required.
- The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate.
- The noise level in the Fieldhouse/game environment is usually loud.
- The stress level may become high during certain times of the year.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Central Baseball Team
Central Baseball Team