- Maintain optimal operation and cleanliness of Ice plant
- Maintain ice at NHL/AHL caliber level including resurfacing, edging and maintaining depth
- Maintain safe and playable boards and glass by inspecting and repairing boards/kick plates, glass poles and all doors
- Monitoring and regenerating de-ionized water systems by recording pH levels daily
- Keeping adequate supplies in stock and regenerate system with proper use of safety equipment
- Inspect and maintain ice equipment daily, monthly and annually
- Coordinate with blade sharpener to schedule blade sharpening’s
- Operate Zamboni and other ice equipment
- Schedule part time staff for ice maintenance (games, practices, Disney on Ice, etc)
- Oversees the operation, maintenance and repair of plant equipment and auxiliary systems; recommends operational methods and procedures
- Operates diesel powered electrical generator to provide emergency electrical power during power outages or curtailment
- Participates in the operation, maintenance and repair of equipment, minor electrical and plumbing repairs to expedite the return of equipment or auxiliary systems to operational status
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on equipment and auxiliary systems; oils and lubricates fans, motors, pumps and generators, cleans screens, strainers, burners and automatic controls
- Track daily productivity via allocation sheets, daily logs and micro main.
- Communicate arrival, location and departure with lead Engineer
- Clearly, effectively and timely communicate work issues with staff
- Blows down the boilers to lower the concentration of suspended and dissolved solids of the water and to check the low water cutoff and automatic controls.
- Makes chemical tests of boiler feed water to determine its’ alkalinity, chlorides, hardness and pH level, and to prevent scaling, pitting of boiler tubes and buildup of sludge deposits.
- Repairs boilers, water pumps, fans and motors and replaces defective parts in accordance with provisions of prescribed preventative maintenance.
- Provide timely and effective communication with management and staff on building needs
- Performs some, but less than the full range of supervisory functions
- Provide excellent customer service assistance to internal and external clients
- Must possess overall knowledge of Cimco ice plant refrigeration package
- Demonstrated knowledge in all aspects of ice construction, maintenance, and demolition
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in the English language, both orally and in writing
- Possession of, or ability to attain, a valid drivers license
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must have availability to work long hours, nights, weekends and holidays
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities: