Assistant Athletic Trainer
This position has been filled - Job#: 453382362
- Provide athletic training services for the intercollegiate sports program.
- Perform additional related administrative and/or teaching assignments for the department as needed.
- Assist the head athletic trainer with the operation of the sports medicine program according to the administrative practices of the department.
- Assist with pre-participation physical examinations.
- Complete medical documentation for all aspects of the sports medicine program.
- Carry out the prevention, evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation of injuries.
- Provide practice and game coverage of athletic teams.
- Supervise student athletic trainers and student workers for the athletic training program and perform related administrative duties as assigned by the head athletic trainer.
- May perform additional duties to include general administrative responsibilities and/or teaching for the department.
- Primary supervision provided by the Head Athletic Trainer and Team Physician, with assistance from Director, Associate and Assistant Director of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation and Physical Education Department Chairperson.
- Close working relationships are also required with health center staff, medical specialists working with the department, coaching staff, secretarial staff, facility and equipment staff, sports information staff and athletic trainers.
- Share the responsibilities and authority of the Head Athletic Trainer in his/her absence. Supervise student employees.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree.
- National Athletic Trainers Association certification and State of Ohio athletic training license required by the starting date.
- Candidates need to have successful, proven experience in the field of athletic training and excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate a commitment to the NATA Code of Ethic, and demonstrate an understanding of the NCAA Division III philosophy.
- Ability to work extended hours associated with athletic events and the ability to work in a sometimes stressful environment.
- Ability to carry out the care of injured individuals. Including manual carry and transfer of injured patients.
- Must have a current, valid driver's license and must be insurable under Denison's liability insurance policy.
- Must have current licensure through The Ohio Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, and Athletic Trainers (OTPTAT) Board.
- Master's Degree and/or one year of full-time experience as an athletic trainer.
- Experience working with individuals of diverse backgrounds and experiences.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!
$5 For Your First 30 Days
No Commitment - $19.95 a month after trial period - Cancel anytime.
Private College (OH)
Collegiate Sports (TX)
Collegiate Sports (SD)
Community College (TX)