Assistant Coach - Men's Golf
- Assists the head coach in supporting student-athlete academic success, recruiting prospective student-athletes.
- Follow the college’s mission and student-athlete recruitment procedures, and planning and directing the applicable sports program/athletic team.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists the head coach in supporting student-athlete academic success by ensuring students are meeting the College’s academic progress expectations and assists head coach in providing and enforcing appropriate interventions when there are signs of deficiency.
- Maintains positive relationships with New Jersey high school coaches to assist the athletic coach in recruiting prospective student-athletes.
- Collaborates with other coaches to plan and direct the athletic team, assigning positions, preparing players for athletic competition, developing and implementing strategies to improve performance, and determining game strategy.
- Models and encourages leadership, sportsmanship, teamwork, and positive citizenship.
- Assists in verifying athlete eligibility prior to competition.
- In the absence of the head coach, serves as the responsible party for student-athlete safety and conduct during all team athletic practices, games, events and activities and notifies the athletic director of any issues.
- Assists the head coach in supporting marketing and public relations efforts by providing game/athletic contest results in a timely manner, sharing student-athlete success stories, and promoting athletics in the community using forums such as social media.
- Assists in overseeing the maintenance and inventory of sports equipment and supplies.
- Participates in regular coaching meetings and professional development as designated by the athletic director.
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience: Playing and coaching designated sport.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- Interpersonal Skills: Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, family members, faculty, staff, administrators and high school and college athletic staff.
- Technical Skills: Working knowledge of current and emerging computer hardware and software, including Microsoft Office products.
- Other Skills: Knowledge of rules, strategies, and techniques of the applicable sport.
- Knowledge of methods of physical conditioning.
- Knowledge of any divisional regulations pertaining to the sport.
- Knowledge of College, rules and regulations governing sports schedules and activities within and outside of College.
- Knowledge of equipment, materials and supplies required to provide facilities suitable for the applicable sport.
- Ability to plan, organize and direct a sports program/athletic team.
- Physical Requirements: The work is mostly sedentary; however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, carrying of light items, driving an automobile, etc.
- No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
- Work Environment: Regular exposure to favorable conditions such as those found in a normal office.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
University ( MA )
University ( PA )
College ( MD )
Northeast Region School