Head Certified Athletic Trainer
This position has been filled - Job#: 453383421
- Provide athletic training services during athletic contests, practices, and other activities, as necessary.
- Provide advice and “return to competition” decisions to players, parents, coaches & staff regarding athlete’s medical condition
- Maintain accurate records of medical exams, injuries, and rosters of athletes; with school nurse, co-administrator for health systems
- Report to diocesan risk management those school-related injuries that may require the attention of a doctor or other fee-based health care provider
- Oversee concussion management policy
- Other tasks as may be assigned
The ideal candidate will demonstrate :
- A commitment to a successful athletic program of education, competition, and sportsmanship
- A customer service orientation, a positive attitude, and overall enthusiasm for athletics
- Regularly required to see, talk and hear
- Requires eye hand coordination
- Manual dexterity to allow for suture or staple removal
- Very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stretching, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day.
- Lift and/or move items up to 75 pounds
- Drive locally and occasionally on interstate travel
- Handle highly stressful situations and resolve conflicts
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
Terms of Employment:
- Full-time, 12-month employee
- Hours subject to responsibilities of position and frequently requires evening and weekend duty
- Background check and training
- Valid driver’s license
- Education: Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred. Graduate from an accredited undergraduate or graduate athletic training program required.
- Experience: Five or more years of experience preferred.
- Additional skills required: Excellent customer service, written and oral communication, basic computer application skills, and ability to multitask. Facility with or willingness to learn school management software
- Additional skills preferred: Hold or ability to hold Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist, Performance Enhancement Specialist, Corrective Exercise Specialist certifications.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 2,274 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Collegiate Sports (FL)