Game Operations & Merchandise Intern - Seasonal
- Research and brainstorm content for live entertainment activations
- Manage follow up process for Silent Auctions, including email communication with bidders and coordinating pick-up of silent auction items
- Set-up and tear-down of temporary signage for vendors, performance groups, and locker rooms
- Act as main point of contact on gamedays for performers, vendors, etc.
- Assist in receiving, counting, and tagging new merchandise inventory
- Assist in activating pop-up shop activations
- Other duties as assigned
- Assist and participate during rehearsals, including: sound checks (anthem singers, host/emcee mics, communication devices, etc.), opening introductions, in-game promotions, intermission activities, ceremonies, special effects, performers, color guards, etc
- Prep and manage props and other materials that will be used during the course of the game/event.
- Will act as a liaison between management to set up and cue talent.
- Successfully execute all scripted elements and improvised elements as required and as assigned.
- Work with camera operators to block and set up live promotions while coordinating with contestants, hosts, mascot, promotional team, and additional talent.
- Responsible for ensuring that all in-game elements occur promptly at their pre-designated time and are executed accurately.
- Promptly relay information to the Entertainment Management should any problems, issues, and/or changes to scripted elements occur.
- Ensure all promotions and activities are accurately and clearly communicated and explained to any/all participants.
- Act as digital court-side signage operator
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and PowerPoint
- Organization skills including ability to handle high volume of detail-oriented work
- Excellent oral and written communication, project management and time management skills
- Self-starter with a positive attitude; committed to teamwork.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to lift 50lbs or more
- Must be currently enrolled in a college or university program, or a recent college graduate (within the last 6 months)
- Must be available to work at least 25 hours per week
- Must be available to work every 2019-2020 Stockton Kings home game (this may include nights, weekends, and holidays).
- Prior experience in promotions, marketing, and customer service preferred
- Prior experience in retail and/or merchandise settings a plus
- Prior knowledge of game presentation/production a plus
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!
$1 for your First Week
Week-to-Week Premium Subscription - $9.95 per week after trial period - Cancel anytime.
Western Basketball Franchise
Pro Baseball Team