Certified Athletic Trainer
- The primary purpose of this position is to provide athletic training services to BCCC intercollegiate student athletes participating in all sports.
- This includes the prevention, care, rehabilitation, and emergency management of the team's injuries.
- Will provide competitive and non-competitive season event coverage (e.g. games and practices), and will travel with team during the competitive season.
- A secondary purpose includes coverage of other team events or practices within the athletic training staff structure and perform administrative duties to be assigned.
Medical Responsibilities & Patient Care
- Provide direct patient care to the student athletes of specific assigned varsity sports.
- Team assignments will be based on student athlete injury exposure/risk, required time commitment of athletics trainer during competitive and non-competitive seasons, and experience of athletic trainer
- Perform injury evaluations and treatments including the use of massage, exercise, exercise equipment, and effective properties of air, water, heat, cold, light, sound, radiant energy, and electricity according to the prescription of a physician. Apply bandages, tapes, and braces to treat injuries. Assist in the evaluation of acute injury management and longitudinal follow up.
Implement Injury Preventative Measures
- Provide injury prevention techniques including but not limited to protective padding, taping, and splint fabrication. Apply bandages, tapes, and braces to prevent injuries. Assist in designing conditioning programs to prevent injuries.
- Advise students on how to prevent injuries and maintain their physical condition
- Equivalent to a bachelor's degree in athletic training, physical education, kinesiology or related field of study or combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge and abilities
- NATA certified
- CPR certified
- Bachelor's degree in athletic training, physical education, kinesiology, or related field
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 2,023 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Catholic University (MD)
Field & Major League Lacrosse
Community College (MD)
Collegiate Sports (MD)