Sales and Service Manager
- The Manager will be integral in the development of ticket sales & service strategies.
- This position requires someone who is highly motivated to contribute to the overall ticket sales and service efforts and passionate about staff leadership and development.
- The Fan Relationship Management Center (FRMC) will perform outbound calls and service inbound calls on behalf of the University Athletics department with a concentration on the University’s ticketed sports.
Inventory which is available for sale include, but not limited to:
- Season tickets
- Group tickets
- Partial/ Mini-Plan ticket packages
- Single game tickets
- University Donations
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Manager will be responsible for both selling tickets as well as managing the ticket sales team Full-Time Sales Consultants.
- Act as the principal liaison with the Athletic Department.
- Develop and execute approved Annual Business and Ticket Sales Plan and Operating Budget.
- Recruit, hire, train, supervise a new ticket sales and service staff.
- Lead, motivate, develop, coach and retain sales staff for future succession and opportunity within the organization.
- Run day-to-day operations of the new Fan Relationship Management Center profitably while exceeding client expectations in revenue generation and customer service.
- Grow business significantly each year.
- Serve as a member of the External Operations Team
- Monitor, manage and evaluate sales staff performance on an ongoing basis; establish and communicate clear sales revenue and training goals and follow up with sales staff with appropriate feedback and direction for development.
- Develop, present and communicate Ticket Sales strategies, procedures and processes.
- Identify, explore and research new sales opportunities to include season ticket, group sales, mini plans, and single game target markets.
- Continually develop the Ticket Sales program in the following areas: new business generation, sales leadership, development of sales strategies, sales training, development of best sales practices and results tracking and reporting.
- Track and report daily, weekly and monthly sales figures and relevant reports. Handle all bookkeeping, commission reporting, staff payroll processing etc.
- Assist with the creation, planning, communication, and implementation of special ticket plans, projects, promotions and programs.
- Provide recommendations on marketing, promotions, sales strategies and community ticket/ sampling programs etc.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Tech Athletics.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- An established, aggressive, and successful salesperson with proven self-motivational skills.
- Strong work ethic and a passion for sales and creativity.
- Proven written and presentation skills.
- Possess a degree in a relevant field, a minimum of 2-3 years of sports ticket sales experience, and at least 1 year in Ticket Sales Management/ Team Leader preferred.
- Experience with Ticketing Software or similar product preferred, but not mandatory.
- Must be able to communicate equally well with executives, staff and fans at all levels and be comfortable in a very close supervisory and intense training environment.
- Competitive Base Salary, with the opportunity to earn commission on meeting or exceeding ticket sales goals.
- Competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, other voluntary health benefits and 401k with matching program.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!
$5 For Your First 30 Days
No Commitment - $19.95 a month after trial period - Cancel anytime.