Assistant Executive Director, Communications AND Championships
- Coordinate the storytelling, publicity and promotion for assigned Ivy League sports, including sport-specific content and initiatives within the construct of the league-wide communications plan to widely communicate the league’s message and content
- Provide timely and accurate updates to all communications platforms (e.g., website, social media, media outreach) regarding updates for all assigned sports including scores, league standings, tiebreaker scenarios and postseason awards to maximize the potential reach
- Evaluate and continuously enhance sports information workflows and standards through data-driven decision-making in accordance with the priorities of the league and the standards of the department
- Serve as a media relations conduit for select sports, including women’s basketball, to provide and pitch the league’s messaging points and potential interest stories to local, regional and national media
- Showcase a passion for and recognition of cutting-edge technology and communications trends, including industry standards in social media, public relations, graphic design, video editing and storytelling
- Execute a first-class experience for participants at league postseason events including advanced promotion, on-site communication, post-event coverage and other duties as needed
- Maintain essential record-keeping archives to preserve historical data and figures in assigned sports
- Share timely and detailed updates for assigned sports with NCAA Committees to ensure all relevant information is available to the decision-makers regarding NCAA Championships bids
- Manage the national landscape for news and stories involving the league and, in turn, produce content, including but not limited to, written releases, graphics, visual presentations, to showcase the league’s athletic, academic and post-graduate success
- Provide creative ideas and feedback to continuously enhance Ivy League postseason events in an effort to ensure a positive student-athlete experience
- Serve as a liaison to select coach groups, including developing the agenda and materials, coordinating the meetings, and providing consistent and clear informational updates and guidance to ensure each group is working in concert with each other and the league office
- Coordinate various aspects of Ivy League championship events, including all pre-event preparations, on-site conduct of the event and post-event budget reconciliation
- Other duties as assigned
Essential Skills / Requirements
- 3-5 years of professional experience preferably in communications, journalism, public or media relations or similar field. Bachelor’s degree required.
- Extensive experience and expertise in select programs including Adobe Creative Suite (e.g., InDesign, Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects) and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work with limited direction and supervision.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, writing and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and willing to work select nights and weekends.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!
$5 For Your First 30 Days
No Commitment - $19.95 a month after trial period - Cancel anytime.
Professional Sports Teams & Organization
Ivy League University
Private School (PA)
Independent Co-ed School
Independent Coed Prep School