Head of Athletics Equipment Operations
Collegiate Sports Administration
Experience and Other Skills Required
- Three years' experience managing equipment in intercollegiate or professional sports, with emphasis on football.
- Ability to property fit equipment in accordance to manufacturer recommendations and the guidelines in place by the NCAA, AEMA and other governing bodies.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Other Skills Preferred
- Five years' experience managing equipment in intercollegiate or professional sports, with emphasis on football.
- Knowledge of NCAA, Conference USA, and UTSA rules and regulations.
- Experience with Front Rush equipment inventory software
- Certification from the Athletic Equipment Manager's Association.
Description of Job Duties
- To provide overall management, oversight, and supervision of the daily operations related to equipment associated with the UTSA athletics department.
- Responsible for the decision making for the purchase, storing, issuing and maintaining equipment, supplies, and clothing associated with the UTSA athletics department.
- Collaborate with coaches and staff to proactively and effectively address the equipment needs of all intercollegiate athletic programs.
- Serve as main equipment manager for football program.
- Monitor and maintain an inventory management system for all equipment and apparel; long-term planning for equipment and apparel needs of all sports; as well as budgeting and procurement oversight.
- Coordinate the transportation of equipment, uniforms, and supplies to both home and away from home competitions and practices for the football program.
- Ensure all athletic equipment which includes, but not limited to, uniforms, helmets, decals, banners and logos comply with conference and NCAA regulations along with University brand and licensing directives.
- Assist senior management team with policy creation, implementation and enforcement, contract negotiations and maintenance of the working relationship with department's apparel and shoe provider.
- Develop, maintain, and enforce the procedures pertaining to the overall operation and safeguarding of assets of the athletics department equipment room(s).
- Responsible for the storage, preservation, shipping, and reconditioning of all football equipment at the conclusion of each season.
- Supervise, develop and recruit one or more professional staff and multiple student workers.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!
$1 for your First Week
Week-to-Week Premium Subscription - $9.95 per week after trial period - Cancel anytime.
Private Catholic University
Sports Media Organization