Athletics Director, NCAA
High School Sports Administration
- Oversees the operations of the athletic program including land sports, aquatics and riding, and supervises the Assistant Athletic Director, athletic trainers, coaches, activity instructors and Director of Aquatics. Supports equestrian program.
- Gauges the effectiveness of the athletic program and ensures that the program is responsive to student needs. Establishes a clear and understandable vision for athletes and a commitment to execute strategic goals and vision
- Builds a positive rapport and collaborates with staff, students, parents, administrators, alumni and community members.
- Works closely with senior administrative team on capital projects related to athletics; manages contracts and relationships with outside coaches and service providers including the onsite strength and conditioning program.
- Leads and supervises the work and growth of all staff and coaches and ensures that all positions are filled with experience staff who trained in all aspects of Madeira's athletic program.
- Ensures that the Athletic Staff (Assistant Athletic Director, Athletic Trainer and Coaches) are carrying out their duties with competence and professionalism and making sure that the best possible care is provided to all student athletes.
- Develops and maintains a coaches manual; reviews with coaches.
- Oversees scheduling and organization of athletic practices, games and preseason programming, transportation logistics and of hiring game officials.
- Works with the Athletic Staff to design a pre-season conditioning program to ensure a smooth program transition from spring to summer and summer to fall.
- Oversees the maintenance, cleanliness and security of all athletic equipment and athletic facilities, fields and courts.
- Oversees the purchase, distribution, collection, cleaning, repair and storage of all athletic uniforms and equipment.
- Oversees all athletic tournaments held on campus and coordinates the use of the sports athletic complex during the academic year.
- Facilitates the promotion of school and team spirit by attending athletic events, coordinates season and year-end athletic assembly.
- Sets tone of student athletes "personal best" in competition, achievement and sportsmanship.
- Collaborates with students, parents and college counselors should students want to play at the collegiate level.
- Works with the Academic dean to develop and execute appropriate physical activity offerings; works with Director of Auxiliary Programs regarding outside and independent contracts with related on-site activities.
- Collaborates with and supports other departments in furthering the mission of the school, including admissions, communication, college guidance and development.
- Reads and reviews all athletic activity and inter scholastic sport grades and comments.
- Attends quarterly meetings of the Independent School League and or other associations and professional organizations of athletic directors affiliated with high school athletics.
- Creates and maintains a budget for all athletic programs.
- Participates and is involved in evening and weekend activities in support of the residential program; participates in Admission events.
- Bachelor’s degree in health, fitness or education, specializing in inter-scholastic athletic leadership; Master’s degree in athletic administration preferred
- Experience in independent school setting required
- Background in athletic training or extensive coaching experience, required
- Strong interpersonal, written, oral communication, analytical, and organizational skills
- Strong leadership, management and team building skills.
- Ability motivate and work collaboratively with multiple constituencies
- Exceptional initiative, judgment and problem solving skills
- Willingness & ability to work flexible work schedule, including occasional evenings & select weekends
- Work experience in an administrative level position or higher; supervisory experience is required
- Appreciation of and commitment to boarding and single sex education, diversity and to serving the needs of a diverse population
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 3,498 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
High School Coaching
High School Coaching
Sports Media Group