Sports Performance Coach
The Sports Performance Coach will be responsible for directing strength and conditioning, nutrition and sports performance programming for a variety of Olympic Sports programs to be assigned. Work cooperatively and in conjunction with the Sports Medicine staff to design and implement quality year-round strength and conditioning programs.
Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of the University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work cooperatively with coaches and Sports Medicine staff to plan, organize, implement and supervise a successful year-round sport-specific strength training and conditioning program for all assigned sports.
- Assist varsity student-athletes with rehabilitation programs prescribed and designed by physicians, physical therapists and athletic trainers from the Sports Medicine staff.
- Assist in the planning of healthy dietary choices for student-athletes.
- Perform other duties and assist with projects assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree required, CSCS or CSCCa certification required.
- Demonstrated experience in administering a successful strength and conditioning program at the collegiate level.
- Thorough knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Must be proficient in the instruction, assessment, evaluation and supervision of multiple weight lifting techniques.
- Must possess excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must possess significant knowledge of weight training and conditioning equipment.
- Proficiency with personal computer applications.
- Master's Degree preferred (Physical Education, Physiology, Sport Science, or related field)
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
- Early morning, evening, and weekend hours required based upon student-athlete and team schedules.
- Heavy lifting required.
- Significant time standing.
- Some travel required.
Special Message to Applicants
CPR and AED certifications must be obtained within the first 6 months of employment.
Salary Posting Information
Commensurate with experience
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!
$5 For Your First 30 Days
No Commitment - $19.95 a month after trial period - Cancel anytime.