Part-Time Assistant Women's Lacrosse Coach
The part-time assistant coach for Women's Lacrosse is responsible for assisting the head Women's Lacrosse coach in implementing and directing all phases of a competitive NCAA Division III Women's Lacrosse program at the University. This includes recruiting quality student-athletes, organizing and planning practices and game strategies, scouting, coaching, scheduling, budgeting and planning team travel in compliance with University, conference and NCAA rules and regulations.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Understand and comply with NCAA Division III conference and University rules and regulations
- Demonstrate a philosophy that emphasizes academic priorities for student-athletes
- Demonstrate sensitivity to individuals of diverse cultural backgrounds and a commitment to a diverse community
- Assist with managing the Women's Lacrosse operating budget
- Assist with evaluating program effectiveness
- Monitor student-athletes' academic progression
- Other duties as assigned by the head Women's Lacrosse coach and/or Director of Athletics
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Coaching and Development - Ability to provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas. Willing to receive constructive feedback and make adjustments that support efficiency, effectiveness and overall success.
- Leadership - Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
- Team Builder - Ability to convince a group of people to work toward a goal.
- Training - Ability to develop a particular skill in others to bring them up to a predetermined standard of work performance.
Required Supporting Documents: Cover letter
Closing Date: Jan 24, 2020
Education: High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree highly preferred.
Experience: Collegiate playing experience in Women's Lacrosse highly desirable. Must maintain certification in first aid/CPR/AED throughout entire appointment.
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite, Internet, Google Apps, other programs as determined by specific sport responsibilities
Certificates & Licenses: A valid US driver's license is required. Certification in first aid/CPR/AED is required by first date of appointment and must be maintained throughout appointment.
- Excellent communication skills
- Commitment to and history of strong belief in mentoring students and demonstrated experience working with young adults
- Desire to work in a rural, small-school environment devoted to providing liberal arts education, building community, and helping students prepare for their future careers
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!
$5 For Your First 30 Days
No Commitment - $19.95 a month after trial period - Cancel anytime.
Private University (IN)
Private University - IN
Central Region School
Northern State University