Director of External Events and Engagement
Under the direction of the Associate Athletic Director for External Operations, the Director of Events & Engagement will aid in the development of a comprehensive stewardship and growth program for the State Athletics.
- They will play a lead role in the planning and execution of all external stakeholder engagement events.
- This position will work closely with the Associate Athletic Director for Development and the University Foundation to ensure collaboration with all University Development initiatives.
- The foremost mission of this role is to promote a culture of philanthropy, aid in driving donation revenue, increase support from external constituents, and elevate engagement with all Athletics supporters and partners.
- The candidate will have excellent communication skills, and collaborate frequently with a variety of university stakeholders and donors.
- The successful candidate will also be able to accept and respond positively to direction, and complete job duties independently, on-time and with precision.
- The Director should have a working knowledge and understanding of all NCAA rules and regulations.
- A Bachelor’s degree and at least one year of experience in project management, event planning/coordination, stewardship, fundraising or a related field.
- An understanding of fundraising fundamentals and the ability to apply them to a strategic vision.
- Knowledge of/desire to build a career in athletics, sports and/or entertainment industry.
- Experience in working with relational databases and solid computer skills.
- The ability to manage several tasks or projects simultaneously, strong organizational and interpersonal skills, a demonstrated commitment to customer service, and a track record in building quality relationships.
- The capacity to achieve superior results working independently and as a member of a creative team in high-pressure situations.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!
$1 for your First Week
Week-to-Week Premium Subscription - $9.95 per week after trial period - Cancel anytime.
Pro Ice Hockey Team
Professional Soccer Team