Coordinator of Athletics
Collegiate Sports Administration
- This position is revenue producing with a focus on gifts from individuals, businesses, corporations and planned giving specific to intercollegiate athletics, individual sports teams and athletic boosters.
- The staff member should manage a portfolio of approximately 150 prospects and donors and design a successful cultivation and solicitation strategy.
- Revenue produced annually for the Office of Intercollegiate Athletics and Recreation should exceed 400,000 in cash and/or usable exchange or trade items.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Excellent Communication Skills - Able to work with diverse individual and business populations.
- High-level Interpersonal Skills - Ability to manage operational and logistical meetings.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Staffing and supporting the event staff and related subcommittees and volunteers.
- Solicitation-Develop, coordinate, and conduct cultivation, briefing, and solicitation strategies for prospects and preparing solicitation and briefing materials for prospective donors.
- Research-conduct individual and organizational donor prospect research to strengthen donor relationships and to grow new donor markets.
- Produce progress reports of donor related activity, including corporate sponsors, booster club and event metrics.
- Identify and solicit corporate sponsorships from individuals, businesses, and corporations specific to intercollegiate athletics, individual sports teams, facility development and athletic boosters.
- Manage a portfolio of approximately 150 prospects and donors and design a successful cultivation and solicitation strategy for cash and trade accounts.
- Manage and produce game and annual events, including golf tournament, to yield additional ticketing and funding sources.
- Organizing events and games ensuring staff and volunteers meet assignments and ensure a successful fan experience at the games and events.
- Develop athletic booster club; Club, to coordinate with all community and campus groups and individuals to provide individual financial support for teams, scholarships, uniforms and other athletic support needs.
- Implement strategies with campus and athletic personnel, including student government and student groups to encourage attendance at athletic games events.
- Be available to work weekends, and evenings as well as extensive travel around the valley and in the state.
- Bachelor's Degree in from a regionally accredited college or university, 3 years of experience as a full-time collegiate athletic administrator OR 4 years of experience as a full-time collegiate coach OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Master's Degree from an accredited college or university.
- 4+ years of experience as a full-time collegiate athletic administrator OR 5+ years of experience as a full-time collegiate coach.
- Knowledge of Workday usage and applications.
- Experience with team fundraising modalities.
- Experience in event oversight and development for facility and athletic.
- Experience in oversight of booster club management.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!
$1 for your First Week
Week-to-Week Premium Subscription - $9.95 per week after trial period - Cancel anytime.