- The Catering Manager will oversee the staffing and execution of all catering functions throughout the venue.
- They will work closely with all Food & Beverage, as well as, arena counterparts to understand specific needs of venue guests, order items in the appropriate quantities to support client vision and work within each unique arena location to bring each guest/ events vision to life.
- This position is also responsible for ensuring that exceptional hospitality is received by venue guests and internal team members.
- The Catering Manager is responsible for ensuring that alcoholic beverages are served safely, and that food quality and sanitation standards are always maintained.
- This position reports to the Catering Sales Manager/Director of Food & Beverage.
- Assist in the hiring, training, staffing and scheduling of all catering team members
- Ensure impeccable execution of all catering functions throughout the venue
- Catering events can be scheduled 365 days a year/ 24 hours a day
- Partner with the Catering Sales Manager/Director of Food & Beverage to ensure a successful arena opening and establishment of the F&B catering operation
- Thoroughly and accurately use all selected systems as appropriate for position (Purchasing, Point-of-sale, Work Force Management and more
- Complete and provide daily/ event financial updates in accordance with F&B department
- Oversee and support the mentorship and development of all catering supervisors and team members daily
- Responsible for ensuring food quality in presentation and production throughout all catering events
- Have knowledge of and ensure food safety and sanitation standards are always maintained
- Organization and planning of events that serve a wide range of guests throughout all areas of the arena and its surrounding grounds
- Engage with venue guests, as well as, team members to ensure exceptional hospitality is always received
- Partner with the F&B and Dickies Arena Senior Leadership to ensure a successful operation
- Other responsibilities and tasks as deemed appropriate by the Catering Sales Manager and Dickies Arena Leadership Team
- 3+ years of experience in food & beverage operations with 2+ years in a supervisory/management capacity.
- Experience in a sports and/ or entertainment venue with catering experience strongly preferred.
- Robust understanding of Food & Beverage operations and relationship to large scale events (A/V, set ups, planning)
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Catering Software
- Experience with computerized work force management software strongly preferred
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Must be able to work extended shifts of 10 hours or more as business dictates
- Must be flexible with schedule and able to work different shifts
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to work in fluctuating temperatures
- English reading, writing, comprehension, math and computer skills required
- Ability to taste and evaluate food and beverage products
- Must be able to reach, lift, stoop, bend and perform extensive standing and walking (including stairs) throughout shift
- Ability to use hands in using office equipment, including the computer system
- Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 2,357 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Private Protestant Christian University