ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1.Responsible for all equipment including, but not limited to, player uniforms, practice gear, shoes, travel bags, etc. Also includes coordination of other supplies for the team such as drinks, basketballs, locker room needs, practice equipment, and other needs for players and coaches.
2.Responsible for the distribution and maintenance of player equipment including, but not limited to, daily laundry, laundry and distribution of equipment on road trips, laundry for visiting teams, etc…This position also does all packing for the road trips.
3.This position is responsible for maintaining a system for the distribution of equipment and then reconciling this at the end of the season with an annual inventory. They work with the Director of Basketball Operations on reorders based upon a predetermined budget.
4.Works with coaches on daily practice needs for players and team practices at home and on the road. Runs a scoreboard/shot clock/keeps up with the schedule to be sure the equipment is there when they need it (whistles, ladders, playboards, etc…)
5.General upkeep and maintenance of player locker room such as repair orders, player name ordering on lockers, storage and cleaning.
6. Ensure there are clean towels and other equipment is available at all times.
7.Manages the visiting team needs such as locker room needs, laundry, drinks, and practice needs. Makes sure their locker room is set up properly and stocked.
8.Hire, manage and supervise 20-24 ball kids, including, but not limited to, recruiting and hiring of kids, game assignments, determining specific job duties, and training on an annual basis.
9. Shares supervision responsibilities for the equipment intern.
10. Assist with team travel responsibilities such as loading of equipment, laundry, bus transportation needs and other needs that arise on the road.
11. Assist coaching staff with offseason player workouts.
12. Run errands outside the Fieldhouse as directed by coaching staff, basketball staff and athletic training staff.
13. Help out Admin as needed with any projects including helping to get the players set up with their apartments and cars at the beginning of the season.
14. Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Former Division I Equipment Manager or Team Manager preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret instructions and reports.
- Ability to write reports and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Manager, Clients, Customers, and the general public.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!
$1 for your First Week
Week-to-Week Premium Subscription - $9.95 per week after trial period - Cancel anytime.
Sports and Entertainment
Sports & Entertainment
Sports & Entertainment