Intern NBA All-Star 2021
General responsibilities may include:
- Observe and assist in all aspects of planning events, event coordination and event execution.
- Assist with promotional opportunities including on-site execution and logistical support.
- Provide operational, logistical and tactical support for downtown activations.
- Assist with community program elements.
- Procure and organize supplies for events.
- Maintain organized event and planning documentation for events and Host Committee staff and volunteers.
- Gather information and research as needed for successful project planning and event execution to ensure a high-quality event experience.
- Conduct site visits and find resources to help staff make decisions about event possibilities.
- Propose new and innovative ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process as well as the overall guest experience.
- Work collaboratively and cooperatively with Host Committee leadership (volunteer and staff) providing administrative support, meeting planning and similar planning areas across all committees to facilitate a shared vision for the event.
- Serve as an ambassador of NBA All-Star 2021 in the community and help communicate the mission of this event.
- Assist with any NBA All-Star 2021 assignments as requested.
- Current college student pursuing a degree.
- Must have knowledge of Indianapolis and Indiana including experience with civic, corporate or sports organizations.
- This paid position requires student to receive college credit.
- Excellent written and verbal skills as well as ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Passion for experience in event management, communications, marketing, customer service and/or hospitality.
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately work with internal and external stakeholders with all types of personalities in both a written and verbal manner.
- Willing and able to sometimes work a flexible schedule.
- Maintain a professional image in all settings.
- Ability to work independently and maintain confidential information
- Be a self-starter who is positive minded, enthusiastic, collaborative and able to work independently.
- Excellent verbal and written skills with heightened awareness based on the audience and message.
- Strong active listening skills.
- Highly detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Able to juggle multiple requests, meet multiple deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Able to think logically and analytically and demonstrate creative problem solving.
- Able to work well in a team environment.
- Willing to assist all areas with any task needed.
- Ability and desire to be flexible as projects and plans change.
- High expectations for quality.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 2,451 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Sports Broadcasting Company