Senior Associate Athletic Director
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead a comprehensive development program that support Athletics fundraising priorities.
- Continue the growth and development of a high functioning annual fund in support of athletes.
- Serve as the chief of development officer for athletic development, oversee the Athletic Fund and serve on the Athletics Senior Staff team to the Director of Athletics.
- Fully manage, directly or indirectly, all aspects of the annual fund while exceeding goals for both visits and proposals.
- Responsible for meeting the unit and personal fundraising goals and objectives.
- Coordinate athletics fundraising with the central University Advancement department and participate in university advancement meetings with Advancement leadership.
- Solicit prospects and current donors as appropriate and qualify major gift prospects to secure philanthropic investments in support of Athletics fundraising priorities.
- Manage, develop and mentor 13+ full time staff members to further develop donor management techniques and strategies while maximizing productivity.
- Ensures that team goals are met while training and developing staff members as a leader.
- Provide performance evaluations, goal setting, coaching and career guidance.
- Design and develop solicitation strategies with Director of Athletics, University Advancement team and coaching staffs to achieve development goals.
- Work with development staff, coaches and administrators to develop and manage athletic events and activities that further development goals and objectives.
- Clearly and professionally articulate vision and fundraising priorities of Athletics and Athletic Fund to external and internal stakeholders.
- Identify and capitalize on fundraising opportunities and projects as they arise.
- In consultation with Director of Athletics and University Advancement team, the Senior Associate Athletic Director of Development will establish aggressive personal and departmental goals, objectives and comprehensive strategies.
- Performs additional duties and special projects as assigned by Director of Athletics.
- Bachelor’s degree in sport marketing, administration, management or a related field is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
- 7-10 years of related work experience in a Division I athletic development.
- Track record of exceeding personal and departmental fundraising goals.
- Team player and strong leader that works cooperatively and collaboratively with other business units.
- Significant athletic development and management experience.
- Track record of successfully supervising, mentoring and providing direction to staff.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational, verbal, writing, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays depending on work and game schedules.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, work as part of a team and motivate staff in a fast-paced environment.
- Understands and upholds standards befitting Athletics.
- Must be authorized to work in the US and successfully pass a background check.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!
$5 For Your First 30 Days
No Commitment - $19.95 a month after trial period - Cancel anytime.
Sports Media Group
West Region University
West Region University
University - CA