Assistant Athletic Director- Performance Nutrition
Responsibilities for this position will include:
- Directing and managing all aspects of performance nutrition services for all student-athletes within the University Department of Intercollegiate Athletics.
- Serve as team dietitian and direct liaison with the football team and one to two other teams as determined
- Supervise, lead and direct two full-time staff members, each with sport responsibility.
- Oversee 15-20 volunteer student interns and maintain a Graduate Assistant program using the MS-RD program on campus.
- Conduct individual and team nutrition counseling and education sessions with assigned sports
- Oversee development of effective, sport-specific nutrition presentations and handout materials for student-athletes.
- Test and evaluate student-athletes body composition using DXZ;
- Collaborate with individuals assigned to coordinate and implement pre- and post-competition, and travel meals, with oversight of planning and implementation of the nutritional recovery process.
- Maintain ongoing communication with coaching staff, athletic performance staff, athletic trainers, team physicians, mental health staff, compliance, culinary services and athletic administration regarding nutritional and performance issues affecting student-athletes.
- Develop, manage and oversee nutrition related policies and procedures
- Actively participates in various interdepartmental committees
- Oversee ordering, inventory, vendor relationships, procurement of goods and payment for purchases; perform other administrative duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications include:
- A Bachelor's degree in related/relevant area or an equivalent combination of education and at least 3 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary.
Preferred Qualifications include:
- Registerd Dietician with 3-5 years' experience, preferably in college athletics; must have a high level of practical, sports-specific nutrition knowledge and experience.
- Should be well versed in all aspects of Performance Nutrition, Body Composition Analysis, Medical Nutrition, and Disordered Eating.
- Should have experience collaborating with and facilitating food services and maintaining a budget.
- Must have experience with individualized nutrition counseling as well as group nutrition planning.
- Effective oral and wirtten communication skills are critical.
- Must be able to supervise, lead and train employees in an effective and objective manner.
- Should be capable of problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Must be willing and able to work non-traditional hours, early morning, late evenings and weekends.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!
$5 For Your First 30 Days
No Commitment - $19.95 a month after trial period - Cancel anytime.
University ( MI )