Defensive Coordinator/Recruiting Coordinator
Collegiate Sports Administration
- Support the physical, emotional, social, and mental development of student-athletes through a robust system of care and support that produces quality student-athlete experiences.
- Reflect high standards of academic excellence.
- A competent pursuit of athletic excellence shown by competing for Frontier Conference titles and participating in NAIA postseason play by advancing to the national championships.
- Embrace the responsibility for equitable treatment and promotion of diversity, acceptance, and inclusion.
- Encourage department innovation for enhanced success, and cultivate a mindset for growth, professional development, work-life integration, and department financial vitality.
- Promote community engagement and student-athlete character development through respect, responsibility, integrity, sportsmanship, and servant leadership.
- Strictly adhere to the highest level of fiscal control and full compliance with all governing associations with transparency and integrity.
- Engage alumni through collaborative efforts that generate "Lifelong Mountie" loyalty and support.
- Plans, organizes and conducts all practices for the defensive unit, including daily on-field coaching and management at all practice sessions and games.
- Organizes game preparation, including film breakdown; develop game plans and scouting reports related to the defensive unit for each contest.
- Develops an annual defensive playbook and teaching progression.
- Supervises and evaluates all defensive assistant coaches.
- Schedules and manages film sessions and meetings for all defensive positions.
- Creates a recruitment plan for qualified student-athletes for successful participation.
- Demonstrates leadership, sportsmanship, and conduct becoming of the coaching profession adhering to all university guidelines.
- Monitors and supports the academic progress of assigned team members.
- Accomplishes other duties as assigned, including one department-wide administrative duty.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Five years of college and/or professional football coaching experience with strong college recruiting experience.
- Knowledge of NAIA rules and regulations preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of the FLEX defense and off defensive scheme.
- Recruiting experience in the stats of Oregon, Washington, and Idaho.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Experience running and recruiting players and teams to camps.
- Must have a familiarity with computer systems, good oral and written communication skills, strong organizational, management and supervisory skills.
- Must be assertive, friendly, cooperative, flexible, tactful, dependable and logical and work in a collaborative manner with multiple offices.
- Must be able to deal with discretion in confidential and sensitive issues, problem solve and work independently.
- Must be able to utilize the following programs: Excel, Word, Outlook, Hudl etc.
- Must have competent writing skills including excellent grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Must possess strong customer service skills including the ability to accurately assess and handle phone calls and visitor requests with discretion and a positive attitude.
- Ability to prioritize duties and be organized, and detail oriented.
- Ability to work well with a wide range of situations (including difficult people), while maintaining the decorum of a representative of the college.
- Must be able to anticipate and plan for cyclical activities.
- Ability to work in noise, heat, cold, odors, dirt, outdoor temperatures, snow, and difficult situations.
- Ability to exert oneself physically over sustained periods of time to complete job activities.
- Ability to stand a minimum of 6 hours during the workday.
- Ability to work weekends, occasional holidays, and inclement weather.
- Ability to repetitively lift, carry, and position objects weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Ability to repetitively push and pull equipment (for example, football sleds, dummies, and pads) a minimum of 10 yards without assistance.
- Ability to climb/exit a press box, get to a filming location or similar situations.
- Must satisfactorily complete criminal and credential background check. Having a criminal history is not an automatic bar to employment.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. The University will not sponsor applicants for employment visas.
- Master's Degree in a related field.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 2,118 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime