EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide instruction in Kinesiology and baseball in accordance with established course outlines.
- Participate in curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation; participate in and develop programs to measure student performance.
- Maintain current knowledge in the subject matter areas.
- Recruiting, budget development and management, practice/game management, academic and social media supervision of student-athletes, public relations, and fundraising.
- Lead in all phases of coaching intercollegiate baseball at the community college level, including but not limited to the recruitment of quality college student-athletes; lead practice, competitions and games; enforce team policies and rules as well as college policies and rules, fundraising and community involvement.
- Create, implement, and assess a recruitment plan with a focus on student athletes.
- Create, implement, and assess a player development program which includes improvement in the whole person. Areas include but aren't limited to: athleticism, academic progress, and positive citizenship.
- Manage, support, mentor, and be responsible for the actions and decisions of assistant baseball coaches.
- Comply with the rules and regulations.
- Maintain appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics.
- Fulfill the professional responsibilities of a full-time faculty member including, but not limited to the following: teach all scheduled classes unless excused under provisions of Board Policy; follow the department course outlines; keep accurate records of student enrollment, attendance, and progress; submit student grades according to established deadlines; post and maintain scheduled office hours; participate in departmental meetings and college and/or district-wide activities and committees as assigned.
- Assignment may include day, evening, weekend, and online sections.
Must meet one of the following qualifications under (1) through (4):
- Valid Community College instructor credential, appropriate to the subject, per Education Code 87355 (issued prior to July 1, 1990); OR
- Master's degree from an accredited institution in kinesiology, physical education, exercise science, education with an emphasis in physical education, kinesiology, physiology of exercise or adaptive physical education; OR
- Bachelor's degree in either of the above AND a Master's degree in any life science, dance, physiology, health education, recreation administration or physical therapy from an accredited institution;
- Or, possess a combination of education and experience that is at least equivalent to the above. Candidates making an application on the basis of equivalency must submit an Application for Equivalency in addition to all other required materials. Please see Additional Information below to determine if you need to submit an Application for Equivalency.
- Evidence of responsiveness to and understanding of the racial, ethnic, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic, academic and cultural diversity within the community college student population, including students with different ability statuses (e.g., physical and/or learning) as these factors relate to the need for equity-minded practice within the classroom.
- Ability to contribute to campus and district-wide professional responsibilities and activities.
- Ability to complement existing staff, student and community demographics in terms of professional and personal skills.
- Educational and/or instructional preparation in Kinesiology and Coaching.
- A minimum of 5 years of recent experience in coaching baseball and 3 years as a head coach, with recent experience teaching Kinesiology or Physical Education courses.
- Evidence of student success in teaching/coaching Kinesiology.
- Evidence of participation in student success initiatives in a post-secondary setting. Evidence of an ability to address the instructional needs of a diverse and frequently underprepared student population.
- Evidence of an ability to effectively engage with and facilitate authentic learning for students of diverse backgrounds, cultures, and experiences.
- Evidence of an ability to adapt teaching pedagogy to the knowledge level (developmental through transfer) and personality of each individual and class.
- Evidence of an ability to self-reflect and respond to an evidence-based assessment of student learning.
- Evidence of innovation, scholarship, or leadership in the teaching of Kinesiology and developing a baseball program.
- Desire and evidence of an ability to take on leadership roles both within the department and in the institution as a whole.
- Ability to work with computers, and use the Internet and interactive technologies to engage students in on-campus and online courses (where academically appropriate); and intrinsic motivation and ability to develop and teach online courses.
- Evidence of an ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 2,018 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Private College (CA)
Community College (CO)
Community College (CA)