Director of Men's and Women's Swimming and Diving
- Full responsibility for coaching and training the Men's and Women's Swimming and Diving Teams; for developing and conducting all in-season and out-of-season practice plans throughout the year as deemed necessary and appropriate.
- Has responsibility for psychological preparation of teams in both pre and post-competition and for developing motivational approach to practices and competitions.
- Organize teaching procedures for appropriate staff. Conduct team meetings and assignments as necessary. Engage and utilize support staff when necessary and applicable.
- Continue to develop comprehensive knowledge in decision-making, delegating authority, and in setting objectives.
- Work closely with the designated Sport Administrator to develop recruiting strategies and a pool of admissible prospects.
- Maintain good relations with parents of current and prospective student-athletes.
- Manage and direct extensive on-campus recruiting program.
- Develop a nationally recognized competition schedule in conjunction with the designated Sport Administrator.
- Responsible for search and selection of qualified assistant coaching staff with approval of designated Sport Administrator and actively support and comply with the University's Affirmative Action program.
- Direct and manage staff of assistant coaches. Delegate and prioritize administrative responsibilities to assistants.
- Conduct annual staff evaluations.
- Demonstrate interest in academic progress of student-athletes. Work closely with Academic Services in solving and preventing academic problems.
- Cooperate with team physicians and the Sports Medicine staff regarding health care and decisions of practice and participation of student-athletes.
Alumni Relations, Public Relations, and Development:
- Responsible for the maintenance of sound alumni relations. In cooperation with the appropriate Associate Director, also responsible for promoting and participating in various alumni events.
- Assist Athletic Development staff in fundraising efforts on behalf of the swimming program and department as requested.
- Report to the designated Sport Administrator and faithfully and diligently carry out other Department-related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate a cooperative attitude towards all sports in the Intercollegiate and Recreational programs.
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Master's degree preferred
- Four years' experience coaching at the intercollegiate or club team level
- Valid driver's license
- Maintain First Aid, CPR, AED and Water Safety Instructor certifications
- Communicates effectively in one-to-one, in small groups and in public speaking contexts; writes precise, well-organized emails, letters and proposals while using appropriate vocabulary and grammar.
- Plans, organizes and schedules in an efficient, productive manner; anticipates contingencies and demonstrates flexibility. Excellent organizational skills and pays attention to detail.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,974 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Collegiate Sports (MI)