- The primary responsibility of an AS2 academic mentor is to serve as a mentor to freshmen and transfer student-athletes.
- The AS2 Academic Mentor program is a professional practice experience that provides exposure to academic support services, academic counseling, NCAA continuing academic eligibility rules, and athletics administration.
- Through hands-on experience academic mentors receive valuable feedback on their development and demonstration of essential professional skills.
- Academic mentors will be assigned to support a variety of student-athletes across the 25 teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Outstanding interpersonal and verbal communications skills to articulate and report academic expectations and progress; and the use of correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation in written communication.
- Must be self-directed and able to effectively prioritize and handle multiple tasks subject to frequent interruptions.
- Ability to work collaboratively in situations that may be time sensitive or otherwise highly pressured, with a variety of individuals including students, academic personnel, and staff.
- Offer of employment is contingent upon obtaining positive results from a pre-employment background screening.
- Must be able to attend a brief hiring session via Zoom between September 1 st - 15 th .
- Must be able to attend training sessions via Zoom from September 22 nd - 24 th .
- Until further notice, the University is operating remotely; this will require all meetings/trainings to be held via Zoom
- You must have access to a computer with stable internet connection, camera and audio capabilities to complete job requirements.
- Assist student-athletes in developing a success plan by setting large-scale attainable academic goals and support them by completing smaller targeted practical tasks.
- Monitor student-athlete transition to a competitive university environment by seeking and utilizing campus resources.
- Maintain a regular schedule of recurring mentoring meetings as assigned.
- Assess and report on student-athletes’ progress and foster academic accountability.
- Participate in all mandatory initial and ongoing training and professional development sessions as scheduled by AS2 and DIA.
- Perform general administrative tasks as needed and complete various projects as assigned by supervisors.
- Learn and follow all department policies, university standards of academic integrity, applicable NCAA Bylaws, and confidentiality agreements.
- 17-20 hours per week, must be able to work Monday through Thursday between the hours of 8am – 5pm.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,898 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Independent School (CA)