GM & Director of Soccer Operations
- Lead the day-to-day operations & long-term management of the first team, as well as execute any new soccer initiatives pursued by the Club.
- Collaborate with the technical staff on roster management decisions.
- Develop and implement a worldwide talent identification and scouting network.
- Liaise with the Club’s sports performance and medical partner on all sports performance aspects including player wellness and rehabilitation.
- Assist with the launch and execution of a girl’s academy program.
- Liaise with the facility management team to ensure superior maintenance of the fields and training facility.
- Liaise with League officials on player regulations and other League rules.
- Create and implement a short and long-term player relations plan.
- Collaborate with the EVP, first team head coach, head of sports performance, and other relevant staff to determine the team players’ load management for training, matches, and appearances.
- Oversee and enforce compliance with the Club’s and League’s policies, and process team, player, and coach discipline and fines.
- Oversee all player communications, maintaining regular and timely communication.
- Oversee the administration of player surveys and distribution of reports of findings.
- Liaise with the girls’ programs.
- Serve as an ambassador on behalf of the Club in the U.S. soccer community.
- Other projects as assigned by the EVP.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required, Master’s degree in sport management preferred.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in sports administration, with at least two (2) years of management experience.
- A strong understanding of the women’s professional soccer industry, including U.S. Soccer.
- Proven player acquisition skills.
- Experience negotiating player contracts.
- Established network of international connections in the soccer industry.
- Prior supervisory experience with proven ability to lead, manage, mentor and motivate a team.
- Excellent organizational, communication, interpersonal, project management, and conflict resolution skills.
- Superior presentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task and execute without close supervision.
- Ability to generate ideas, deliver high quality work, and execute under pressure/deadlines.
- Able and willing to travel up to 35% of the time.
- Able and willing to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays, and in non-traditional settings, within a team atmosphere.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 2,143 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Professional Soccer Club