Under the oversight and general supervision of the Assistant Director of Financial Operations, the incumbent will serve as an entry level Accountant supporting a $130 million, 23 sport NCAA Division I Intercollegiate Athletic Program which supports over 800 student-athletes. The incumbent will be responsible for daily accounting tasks, including processing travel expense reports, for the Division of Intercollegiate Athletics.
• Primary duties include processing travel expense reports, transaction processing, and reconciliations, journal entries, schedules, and reporting
• Organizes, prepares, and updates financial statements, monthly and year-end journal entries, accounts, ledgers, and reports for various financial needs within an automated financial system to ensure accurate recording and reporting of financial transactions
• Assist the department in a variety of monthly and annual financial reporting activities, including but not limited to; engaging with external and internal audit; developing and analyzing department, campus, and external reporting.
• Assist with training and guiding staff in processing procedures
• Answer questions and provide accounting related information to internal and external stakeholders according to established policies and procedures
• Assist with establishing and maintaining effective internal controls.
• This position requires a high level of independent judgment to oversee and perform accounting and financial reporting duties.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 534 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
American Professional Soccer Club