This role must lead within the framework of a best in class Sports Information Department at the University. Hopkins encourages inquiries from candidates who value professional and personal development and will actively contribute toward a culture of inclusiveness within both the department and University setting.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities (Will Vary Per Position):
- Produce and direct live productions of Johns Hopkins Athletics events annually. This includes the hiring and training of all student announcers, camera operators, graphics specialists, replay operators and directors.
- Serve as the main point of contact with Johns Hopkins' streaming provider.
- Produce and publish video on demand content for the Department of Athletics.
- Conceptualize and produce the annual senior-athlete video.
- Provide content as requested by internal (Blue Jays Unlimited, Admissions, Alumni Association, Development) and external constituents.
- Serve as the main point of contact with Daktronics in support of the three (3) video boards in place (Homewood Field, Goldfarb Gymnasium, Babb Field).
- Design and develop all video board content to be utilized on gameday.
- Serve as the main internal graphic designer for Department of Athletics. This includes designing a variety of items, including program and media guide covers, social media graphics, the department's annual report and any other materials needed to share and promote the department's messaging.
- Provide support and content creation for all Johns Hopkins sponsorship and marketing efforts.
- Develop and produce any other items (video or other) as requested (Director of Athletics communications pieces, recruiting videos, facility tours, promotional items, year-in-review digital media, etc.).
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Video Production, Sport Management or a related field.
- Minimum of two years experience in a college athletic communications office.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills; must possess strong writing and video editing ability; proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite software and live in-game production technology and knowledge of various social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc) a must.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 527 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime