Campus Athletic Trainer
Reporting to the campus Director-Intercollegiate & Intramural Athletics or designated supervisor, a Campus Athletic Trainer provides sports training services to the campus community, prioritizing student athletes participating in college sponsored sports and/or exercise activities. The Campus Athletic Trainer is responsible for the prevention, assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries suffered by student athletes, working in close collaboration with coaches, staff and administrators. Additionally, the Campus Athletic Trainer provides support to intramurals and campus events, the campus fitness center, and other campus tournaments as needed.
- Provides athletic training services to student athletes, implementing appropriate exercise, strength and conditioning programs and related health routines to improve performance and help minimize and prevent injuries.
- Assesses injuries and provides rehabilitation services for the treatment and care of injuries sustained by student athletes.
- Travels with an athletic team to provide coverage at games and practices.
- Assesses and provides immediate treatment of injuries and determines ability of athletes to continue participation or the need for transport to a medical facility.
- Determines status of injured student athletes per Athletic Department protocols; coordinates referrals for rehabilitation services and physical therapy; follow-ups with student athletes to assess progress.
- Communicates pertinent injury information and the need for rehabilitation services, as it relates to participation status in athletic activities, to coaching staff and Athletics Director.
- Develops profiles for individual student athletes requiring services, using the ATS software program from Keffer Development Services.
- Partners with campus Wellness Center and other campus resources to facilitate and conduct workshops and seminars on topics relating to healthy lifestyles.
- Maintains records of student athletes' physical evaluations, injury reports, rehabilitation treatment services and hospital records.
- Provides athletic training services for summer camps, sports tournaments and coach clinics.
- Assists the campus Director-Intercollegiate & Intramural Athletics in identifying qualified physicians to perform student athlete physicals and referrals to medical specialists as needed
- Assists in facilitating annual and semi-annual physicals of students on an athletic/sports team.
- Collaborates with campus Director-Intercollegiate & Intramural Athletics, District Athletic Office and the Office of Risk Management to ensure proper and timely processing of athletic claims.
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in a related field
- Illinois State License as an Athletic Trainer (IATA)
- Certification by National Athletic Trainers' Association (NATA)
- Current certification for CPR, AED and First Aid
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Bilingual skills a plus
- Ability to work in a team environment with flexible work hours
- Strong service orientation and ability to relate effectively with diverse individuals and groups at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality work, take initiative and use good judgement
- Some proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 527 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime