2022 CGA Operations Internship – 3-Month
POSITION(S): 2022 CGA Operations Internship – 3-Month
APPROXIMATE DATES: May 16 – August 12 (flexible start/end dates)
LOCATION: Greenwood Village (Denver), CO
INTERNSHIP OVERVIEW: This internship involves exposure to many aspects of golf administration including membership services, handicap inquiries and support, communications, social media, junior golf, other youth program initiatives, and general office administration with a strong emphasis on tournament administration. These positions will provide a tournament-centric experience for individuals seeking to pursue a career in golf administration. This internship requires immense teamwork and cooperation.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist CGA Staff in day-of tournament operations for CGA Championships and junior events.
- Course set-up, event check-in, live scoring, rules officiating, pace of play monitoring, etc.
- Perform pre and post-tournament duties.
- Site visits, course marking, player communications, update points lists, etc.
- Provide membership support for tournament software and registration inquiries.
- Build positive rapport with volunteers, tournament players and CGA members.
ADDITIONAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in social media management for CGA.
- Assist with CGA Programs and Community and Wellness programs (Golf in Schools, clinics, etc.).
TRAITS & EXPERIENCE
- Background in golf and interest in golf administration as a career preferred.
- Self-motivated and personable with strong work ethic and enthusiasm.
- Ability to handle conflict situations and communicate effectively.
- Excellent written, verbal and customer service skills.
- Good leadership and organizational skills.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office. Golf Genius/GHIN/Bluegolf experience preferred.
- Ability to lift equipment and spend extended periods of time in extreme outdoor conditions.
- Flexibility to work extended days, early mornings, some weekends and travel overnight.
- Ability to live near CGA headquarters for the duration of the internship.
- $13.00/hour, plus overtime
- Access to CGA owned CommonGround Golf Course on space available basis.
- Job expenses covered (mileage, staff uniforms, meals while traveling, etc.).
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
TO APPLY: Email cover letter, resume and a minimum of three professional references to: Ashley Harrell, Managing Director, Golf Operations ([email protected])
The Colorado Golf Association is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive working environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or non-merit factors.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 526 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
National Sports Technology Company