The Building Engineer is responsible for maintaining all facility equipment, including HVAC, plumbing and electrical plants; lighting and climate control systems; roofing systems; telecommunications, maintenance/cleaning equipment, painting interior and/or exterior of walls or building surfaces and assisting with general building maintenance.
Responsibilities of this Position:
- Ensures proper and efficient operation of all building systems and equipment.
- Performs routine inspections throughout facility to detect wearing, malfunctions or breakdowns.
- Works with vendors and contractors in maintenance and repair of systems and equipment.
- Ensures compliance with OSHA, NFPA and all other applicable laws and regulations.
- Assists with emergency action plans for system malfunctions or breakdowns.
- Operates equipment, such as industrial trucks, pallet jacks, forklifts, scrubbing machines or other light power-driven equipment.
- Ensures proper utilization and processing of work orders.
- Assists with facility cleaning and janitorial tasks.
- Assists with facility equipment maintenance and repair including.
- Assists with basic building repairs and maintenance including.
- Assists with set up and take down flooring, portable chairs, operable walls, barricades, staging, tables, telephones and other equipment for the successful execution of events as needed.
- Painting interior and exterior wall and building surfaces as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
Ideal Candidate will have:
- HVAC, Electrical or Plumbing vocational or higher training is preferred.
- 2 years mechanical engineering experience including HVAC, electrical and plumbing is preferred.
- Painting experience preferred.
- Excellent organizational, planning and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Applicants will own and utilize general tools as required to perform basic facility maintenance and repairs.
- Experience with an automated Building Management System is preferred.
- HVAC, plumbing, electrical and Information Technology certification/licensing preferred.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 527 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Sports Organization (MS)