Director, Athletic Eligibility
To coordinate eligibility issues for student athletes and serve as the coordinator of university efforts between Athletics, University Registrar's Office, Office of International Affairs and Admissions. Report to Sr. Associate Provost and Associate Athletic Director for Compliance.
Duties/essential functions may include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Coordinate systems designed to facilitate effective communication regarding athletic compliance between administrative support staff and college academic advisors.
- Manage project calendars and deadlines for timely reporting of eligibility concerns throughout the year and meet regularly with academic support staff.
- Review student athletes' records to determine if NCAA standards have been met regarding percentage of degree requirements, hours passed, full-time enrollment, major declaration, etc. Communicate with athletic department staff regarding academic compliance or eligibility issues. Coordinate reporting with college offices.
- Coordinate Academic Progress Rate (APR) and graduation rates data.
- Serve on University committees as assigned by the Sr. Associate Provost. Attend national and regional conferences (NCAA and MAC) to remain current with legislation and rules.
- May provide functional guidance of administrative/professional employees and/or direct supervision of support staff on an ongoing basis. Ability to provide ongoing management of consecutive projects: systems, resources, budgets and unforeseen problems.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in a relevant field and two years of related experience.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,136 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
American Pro Baseball Team
Sports Management (TX)