Manager, Accounts Payable
Passionate Soul: Love what you do
Open Mind: Never stop learning and growing
Champions Spirit: Strive for greatness
Helpful Heart: Lift up those around you
Absolute Integrity: Always do the right thing
Job Title: Manager, Accounts Payable
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
Position Summary: Oversee accounting functions regarding accounts payable; ensures accuracy and timeliness of processing payables.
- Develops, implements and maintains systems, procedures and policies regarding the accounts payable function to ensure adherence to company guidelines and internal controls.
- Provides accounting assistance to Directors, Managers and Staff. Responds to financial questions and concerns to meet business needs in the accounts payable area. Research accounts payable issues with various department personnel and review/address their concerns.
- Manage processing vendor invoices and employee expense reports.
- Manage various company credit card programs, including reconcilement and coding of American Express corporate purchasing card charges online. Assist with PNC PayCard program where necessary.
- Ability to interact with vendors including the processing of student refunds and credits; assist vendors with questions, credit applications, resale tax certificates, payment status and account reconciliations.
- Month end activities including self assessed sales/use tax and various account reconciliations, journal entries, private lesson, reconcile stale dated checks, send notifications, review vendor files, review payable account for duplicate payments, process void/lost checks.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethic codes.
- Manage and oversee accounts payable staff
- Review emails and AccountsPayable@img.com emails for invoices and problem solving.
- Maintenance of vendor profile.
- Familiarity with processing 1099 and 1042S forms at year end; also familiarity with W-9 forms, B-Notices, 942, and W-8 forms.
- Experience with GAAP and IRS regulations for reimbursements, international payments and taxes.
- Create new vendor numbers for vendors, contractors and employees
- Assist with staff training on accounts payable procedures, policies and practices where necessary.
- Reconcile SMS accounts.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Experience in an AP function
- Experience working with generally accepted accounting principles and accounting software
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good presentation skills for educating internal clients on accounting principles
- Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
- Highly organized with the ability to juggle multiple projects
- Ability to multi task in a fast-paced organizatio
- A superior work ethic
- Desire to work collaboratively with colleagues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience
- Ability to lift, move, push and pull equipment or boxes in excess of 40lbs.
- Should be able to handle outdoor temperatures for a reasonable period of time.
- Must be able to move around campus which includes gym, turf, fields, etc.
- Ability to work flexible hours to include nights, weekends and holidays is required
- Requires a background check upon offer
- Requires a drug check upon offer
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Sports Events Center
Southeastern Football Championships