Game Night Assistant, Basketball Operations
Position Summary: Responsible for various elements of day-to-day operational assistance for the team with a focus on supporting equipment and ad hoc needs for the team operation surrounding games.
Philadelphia 76ers, L.P. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Prior to games, ensure that home and visiting benches, as well as visiting locker room, are fully prepared, stocked, and organized.
- Meet visiting team’s bus upon arrival, assisting with unloading (pre-game) and re-loading (post-game), as well as any other needs for the visiting Equipment Manager.
- Assist players from both teams with their pre-game warmups, including, but not limited to, rebounding and passing for them.
- Assist Coaching, Athlete Care, and Equipment staffs with any ad hoc requests that arise before or during games.
- While stationed courtside during games, remain alert and ready to quickly wipe away any wet spots on the court.
- Ensure that all players receive towels, water, or any other individually requested items when returning to the bench following substitutions or timeouts.
- Prepare locker rooms for halftime and post-game team needs.
- Assist with clean-up of benches and locker rooms following games, and return all game day equipment to its proper storage area.
- After teams have departed post-game, prepare locker rooms for the following game.
- As needed, and as schedules permit, report to the 76ers Practice Facility in Camden, NJ, to assist with the following: ensuring the courts are ready for any player needs, laundry services, organization and setup of player, coach, and staff locker rooms, and assisting with any on-court player requests during workouts.
- Work closely with Senior Equipment Manager and Assistant Equipment Manager, as well as a team of fellow game night assistants, to effectively and efficiently complete all responsibilities.
- Seek out opportunities to proactively assist the team in this role by anticipating potential player/staff needs and working with the game night basketball operations team to ensure that these needs are met.
- High school diploma required
- Team Player
- Ability to multi-task
- Organized, can prioritize work activities, uses time efficiently
- Great communication skills
- Presents self in a professional manner and takes a professional approach to working with players, coaches, and other members of the organization.
- Interpersonal skills – ability to listens to others, anticipate team needs, and an eagerness to learn on the job
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Reliably maintains a high level of confidentiality at all times.
- Willingness and ability to assist with on-court pre-game workouts.
- Willingness and ability to carry team equipment as needed.
- Adaptability and flexibility – adapt to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to handle frequent changes
- Ability to work irregular hours
- Required to attend all home games
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Sports & Entertainment Company
Northeast Region School