Intern, Communications (Fall 2019)
Summary: USA Football is seeking a highly motivated person who will serve as an intern for the Communications team. The position will be responsible for assisting with story development and event communications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write football-related editorial on deadline for usafootball.com and other outlets
- Draft news releases, media alerts, fact sheets and other materials promoting USA Football initiatives and membership
- Identify potential news story ideas relevant to USA Football programs and initiatives
- Assist in communication effort surrounding USA Football strategies/events
Education: Recent college graduate (within past 6 months) or current student pursuing a degree in journalism, communications or related area
- Quality writing and editing skills
- Prior sports media experience (football experience a plus)
- Organizational skills
- Demonstrated teamwork and work ethic
- Internship begins September 3, 2019 and ends December 6, 2019
- Internship is full-time (40 hours/week)
- Internships are unpaid, with a $775 nominal monthly stipend, plus parking allowance
- Reports to Director, Communications
- Position will be located at USA Football’s headquarters based in Indianapolis, IN
- Must secure housing and transportation in Indianapolis
- USA Football supports interns seeking academic credit
- Interns must identify learning goals and work with supervisor to achieve goals
- Examine the organization and its industry/environment
- Analyze and interpret functions and responsibilities
- Observe professionals in various roles and participate with them where appropriate
- Apply academic learning to practical and professional work experiences
- Learn how to perform specific tasks
NO PHONE CALLS – UNSOLICITED CALLS AND EMAILS WILL NOT BE RETURNED.
About USA Football
USA Football designs and delivers premier educational, developmental and competitive programs to advance and grow the sport. As the sport’s national governing body, member of the U.S. Olympic Committee and organizer of the U.S. National Team for international competition, USA Football partners with leaders in medicine, child advocacy and athletics to support positive football experiences for youth, high school and other amateur players. Follow us on Facebook or on Twitter.
AAP/EEO Statement USA Football provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Western & Southern Open