Manager, Social Media
This position has been filled - Job#: 134
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: The Manager, Social Media is responsible for developing, engaging and growing the Washington Capitals’ social media platforms, audience and revenue, working closely with the Senior Director, Digital Media.
- Lead strategy for social platforms operated by the Washington Capitals digital media department.
- Ideate and create social media content including videos, gifs, and graphics.
- Coordinate the day-to-day social coverage on all platforms.
- Build and execute content calendar for all social media channels.
- Assist social media strategies for athlete driven social media programs.
- Develop strong internal reporting on social media performance and growth.
- Establish strong social media engagement on all current platforms while researching new opportunities for growth and development.
- Contribute to strategic brainstorming, curation, and content creation.
- Monitor social conversation about the Capitals, athletes, and related topics, in order to provide data and actionable insights to relevant internal partners.
- Support the digital partnerships teams on ideation and execution of co-branded campaigns.
- Create a daily presence on social media platforms and tools; posting, reposting, scheduling, responding to comments, and jumping on social trends and topics.
- Provide wall to wall social media coverage for team and league events.
- Elevate coverage of players, marketing initiatives, community programs, and special events while supporting live event content coverage.
- Assist with paid social media opportunities for sales and partnerships.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 4+ years professional experience in social media role.
- 2+ years experience managing large and/or global communities.
- Ability to work creatively and efficiently in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Knowledgeable about NHL players and teams; experience in professional sports is helpful.
- Experienced utilizing social tracking tools for reporting, working with website content management systems, and using social media response tools.
- Ability to effectively balance a diverse workload and complete projects on a deadline.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Strong understanding of Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, YouTube, Reddit, TikTok and Instagram, including design, functionality, users, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong content editing and creation skills, utilizing Adobe Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Illustrator, and others.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,989 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Professional Baseball Team
Private University (DC)
Private University (DC)