Marketing & Fan Development Intern - Fall 2019
- Represent Sporting Kansas City, Children’s Mercy Park and other affiliates and partners at events in the community year-round.
- Set up, take down and transport the various elements of related to activation.
- Engage fans by developing a rapport in a short time through natural dialogue.
- Market Sporting Kansas City during events throughout Kansas City and its surrounding communities.
- Create and update the database for all leads collected during events.
- Responsible for executing grassroots marketing promotions throughout the Kansas City area at community events, festivals, parades, concerts, away game viewing parties at No Other Pub, etc.
- Partake in game day duties including, but not limited to, assisting the Marketing Team in pre-game and halftime activities.
- Responsible for the club’s lead capture efforts including collection, distribution and database maintenance.
- Attend and participate in monthly meetings.
- Perform essential functions with confidence.
- Responsible for managing crowds, as necessary.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City and its related affiliates in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Able to work both in teams and independently
- Charismatic, outgoing and vibrant personality.
- Knowledgeable and innovative with strong problem-solving skills.
- Team oriented.
- Ability to perform multifaceted projects in conjunction with daily activities.
- Professional appearance, demeanor and approach.
- Strong passion for Sporting Kansas City, the MLS, International Soccer and the Kansas City market.
- Motivated self-starter.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in Marketing, Communications, Fashion, Merchandising, Public Relations, Event Planning, or other related field required, with the ability to receive college credit.
- Prior experience with event production, promotions and/or game presentation preferred.
- Highly involved with college campus organizations and events.
- Proven leadership abilities and skills.
- Strong knowledge of the Kansas City market.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Bilingual speaking abilities preferred.
- Web or HTML experience preferred.
- Strong cloud-based document sharing skills.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.
- Must have personal computer and access to the Internet.
- Required to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Use hands to finger, hand or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Frequent stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk and hear consistently.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to fifty (50) pounds if necessary.
- Specific vision abilities required by the role include the ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye.
- Will be working in various outdoor weather conditions, including frequent exposure to the sun and heat.
- Will be required to do light traveling around the Kansas City area.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Professional Basketball Team