The Senior Programmer will be responsible to aggregate data, design systems architecture, and help set strategic goals for the Research department. This position will lead department programming efforts, lead a team consisting of programmers, data scientists, and data visualization specialists. This person must be a creative problem solver who is adept at finding innovative solutions to unique challenges. This position will report to the VP, Research.
- Build and develop systems, analytical models, and foundational structures.
- Lead programming efforts for the Research team.
- Support third party vendors integration with our basketball’s internal research processes.
- Work to identify answers to strategic questions as put forth by the Basketball staff, including areas of player evaluation, game management, in-game tactics, roster building, salary cap strategy, and broader league trends.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics or STEM related field.
- 5+ years' experience with statistical modeling and paralleled data pipe-lining.
- 5+ years' experience with back-end engineering and markdown languages.
- 2+ years' experience managing and developing a team.
- Expertise utilizing Python, R C Sharp or other programming languages.
- Expertise with standard SQL and other database management tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong management skills.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!
$1 for your First Week
Week-to-Week Premium Subscription - $9.95 per week after trial period - Cancel anytime.