Communications and Broadcasting Assistant
Location: Richmond, Va.
Start Date: February 2020
End Date: End of the 2020 season (Early- to mid-September)
- Assist with the media relations responsibilities of the club, including writing and updating of the team’s media guide, daily game notes, etc.
- Compile daily stat packs for media and team personnel
- Assist with writing and graphic design tasks for team publications, website, social media, etc.
- Write game recap stories and press releases
- Assist as a liaison between media and the team
- Other media relations and marketing responsibilities as needed
Radio broadcasting duties:
- Play-by-play and commentary for all 70 home games as No. 2 broadcaster
- Host radio pre-game and post-game shows for home games from the stadium and for road games from the 910 The Fan studios
- Conduct interviews for pre-game show, video content, written content, etc.
- Co-host and co-write bi-weekly television show, Flying Squirrels Insider
- Conduct on-camera interviews and field demo segments in studio and in stadium
- At least one season of media relations/communications/broadcasting experience in affiliated professional baseball preferred
- Strong writing skills
- Experience working with MiLB’s HomeBase, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Audition and Premiere preferred
- Experience with graphic design and social media
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, journalism, broadcasting or related field
- Uncut audio samples (Play-by-play and interview preferred; Pre-/Post-game scoreboard or studio segment encouraged)
- At least two writing samples (At least one game recap story and one feature story)
- Game notes sample
- Other examples of work that demonstrate applicant’s qualifications for the duties listed above (graphic design, engaging social media concepts, etc.)
Please send appropriate materials or links by email to [email protected] using the subject line "Richmond Flying Squirrels Communications & Broadcasting Assistant." Also, please indicate in the email if you will be attending the 2019 Baseball Winter Meetings in San Diego. No phone calls, please.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!
$5 For Your First 30 Days
Month-to-Month Premium Subscription - $10 per month after trial period.
Southeast Region School
Southeast Region School