ESPN Production Internship - Spring 2020
The Production Department produces content for ESPN’s family of networks that fans can watch on television, their computer, tablet or smart phone; examples include SportsCenter, Baseball Tonight and NFL Live.
A Day in the Life:
- Screens games, selects shots and creates shot sheets for assigned highlights
- Cuts show elements, such as video b-roll, highlights; selects material for bumps and roll-outs
- May operate studio teleprompter system
- Provides timely, accurate and complete delivery of multimedia elements and publishes to various platforms
- Logs and archives video & sound and associated data for future use
- Researches, writes and disseminates ideas for future content element on ESPN platforms
Basic Qualifications :
What You Bring to the Role:
- Experience in sports media, preferably in television production, or involvement with collegiate TV station
- Solid knowledge of sports, including current athletes, rules and events
- Familiarity with server-based media and/or non-linear editing equipment including but not limited to Final Cut Pro and Avid
- High level of familiarity with ESPN programming, platforms and studio
Preferred Qualifications :
- Historical knowledge of US sports
- Experience with editing, screening, logging and/or archiving video
- Familiarity with sports media landscape, including knowledge of business trends and technologies
- Demonstrated leadership experience in a professional role, organization or activity
Required Education :
- Enrolled as a junior, senior or graduate student in an accredited college/university in the semester prior to the internship
Additional Information :
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship. December 2019 graduates are still eligible.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
Program Dates: The length of this internship is 10 weeks, and the approximate dates are January 13- March 20, 2020. Interns will work 40 hours per week and must be fully available throughout the internship including nights, weekends and holidays.
Housing: This internship is located in Bristol, CT. A limited amount of housing assistance may be available for those who qualify.
Transportation: Must provide own transportation to/from work.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Northeast Region School