The Sales Manager is primarily responsible for selling various ticket packages and assisting in the overall sales management of the Department of Athletics. The Sales Manager will also be involved in other selling and marketing activities related to season tickets, partial plans, and group tickets.
The person in this position will also be responsible for assisting the Assistant Athletic Director of Ticket Operations and Data Analytics in developing and implementing a ticket sales strategy designed to meet or exceed the annual sales goals.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
· Solicit the sales of season tickets, partial plans, and groups for Athletics. Primary focus on football, men's and women's basketball, hockey and volleyball.
· Work closely with university athletic department marketing staff on ticket sales promotions as it relates to driving ticket sales revenue including the development of sales and support materials for season tickets, partial plans, and group ticket opportunities
· Within External Relations implements strategy for maximizing ticket sales for athletic events. Coordinates with marketing, ticketing, development and alumni offices. Plans and coordinates programs and events for public relations.
· Develop and maintain a personal client base of ticket sales prospects and customers of their own and work with members of senior management team to manage relationships with outside vendors and corporate partners related to the sale of group tickets and corporate ticket sales packages
· Use ticket office e-mail and Ticket Office Social media account(s) to solicit the sales of season, partial plan, and group tickets.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
· Superior communication skills, collaborative with strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
· Must be enthusiastic, creative and able to think both strategically and tactically.
· Ability to work in a dynamic, high paced environment.
· Strong customer service skills
· Experience working with Paciolan or Ticketmaster/Archtics ticketing systems preferred
· Experience working with CRM systems such as ACT, Goldmine, Salesforce.com, Microsoft CRM, preferred
· Willingness and ability to work long hours, including holidays and weekends as required.
Bachelor's degree in Sport Administration, business or related field. Successful candidate must have Bachelor's degree conferred at the time of application.
Also the following experience is required:
· 1-2 years of ticket sales experience
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Central Soccer Team
University of Houston