Senior Coordinator, Retail Development
The Senior Coordinator, Retail Development will work on the development and execution of retail programs with MLS Clubs and key partners. The Senior Coordinator will be the day-to-day contact for select Clubs and Retailers to maximize opportunities for MLS fans to engage with their favorite Club via merchandise and marketing initiatives.
- Partner with MLS Clubs to support merchandise programs to service their fan base and grow sales across all Club channels (in-stadium and ecommerce).
- Act as day to day contact for clubs. Work directly with Club merchandisers and 3rd party partners to deliver cohesive product and marketing messages across digital and in-stadium platforms.
- Deliver product and licensee updates to assist Clubs in merchandising assortment both online and in-stadium.
- Assist Clubs to enhance and upgrade in-stadium merchandise locations. Work with Licensing partners to deliver seasonal tool-kits to Clubs for install in-stadium and usage across digital channels.
- Help the clubs leverage digital commerce systems to drive sales.
- Coordinate local promotional calendars for Clubs.
- Daily management of MLSstore.com creative submissions. Review and approve final creative including advertising, emails and site banners. Traffic submission to appropriate internal outlets (i.e. digital e-commerce marketing, licensing, Clubs).
- Participate in monthly omni-channel calls. Manage all necessary action items.
- Coordinate all product procurement and logistics for seasonal photoshoots.
- Track and report sales across in-stadium and ecommerce. Manage reporting delivery to stakeholders.
- Manage digital creative approvals.
- Participate in planning and execution of annual Club Retail Summit.
- Support in the retail planning, set up and activation of all Soccer United Marketing Events including MLS All-Star, MLS Cup and Mexico National Team matches.
- Project manage on-site retail placement with MLS Events team.
- Support Event Merchandiser with product buys and marketing.
- Oversee event logistics including retail load-in and set-up, credentials, staff outfitting and load-out.
- Manage Retail invites in CRM.
- Track and analyze sales post-event.
- Provide assets and information to retail partners.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 3+ years of experience in retail and/or digital marketing experience.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills; ability to work cross-functionally towards goals.
- Digital and social savvy with a passion for digital innovation.
- Self-starter and highly motivated; capable of working independently, yet collaboratively.
- Strong drive to learn and be involved.
- Preferred skills: knowledge of digital media, digital campaign experience, and proficient in Adobe Photoshop and analytics program (i.e. Google Analytics or Omniture).
- Ability to travel 15% of time.
- Superior organization, project management skills and attention to detail.
- High level of commitment to quality work product and organizational ethics, integrity and compliance.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, team environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbally.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Demonstrated decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
Major League Soccer is the top-flight professional soccer league in the United States and Canada and began play in 1996, shortly after the U.S. hosted the 1994 FIFA World Cup. Now in its 24th season in 2019, MLS continues to grow at an explosive rate, as the league features record-breaking attendance and consumption, an influx of dynamic players and 20 soccer stadiums. MLS has doubled in size during the past decade and now has 27 clubs, including future teams in Miami, Nashville and Austin that will begin play in the next few years. One more expansion team will be added in the coming years, elevating MLS to 28 clubs.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Northeast Region School
Northeast Region School
Northeastern Racing Association