Houston Christian (HC) is accepting applications from qualified candidates for Athletic Director . This is a full-time, exempt position. The Athletic Director works to provide an effective athletic program for Houston Christian students that integrates HC’s core values with the development of moral character, the enrichment of spiritual lives, and the perpetuation of growth in Christian ideals. This position reports to the Principal, supervises the Athletics staff and coaches, and works in collaboration with faculty, staff, and sports trainers.
- Bachelor's Degree, Master’s Degree preferred.
- Coaching experience required.
- Possess a broad knowledge of many sports.
- Knowledge of the overall operations of an athletic program.
- Proven ability to manage budget and personnel.
- Strong communication, public relation, and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of state and SPC policies governing athletics.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and consistently meet deadlines
- High level of integrity, diplomacy, and initiative
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Flexibility, sense of humor, and willingness to assist with administrative tasks in a fast-paced team environment
- High regard for confidentiality
- Represent the school in a positive light.
- Committed to the mission and values of Houston Christian High School.
The Athletic Director is responsible for the planning, coordination, implementation, and evaluation of an effective athletic program for the students of Houston Christian in accordance with HC’s mission statement and the policies and procedures of HC and the Southwest Preparatory Conference (SPC). Frequent Saturday or evening work is required
Interested candidates may complete and submit the Houston Christian Professional Application with the Staff philosophy questions, a cover letter, and resume to: [email protected] Instructions and the application are accessible from the Employment page at www.houstonchristian.org . Resumes are not reviewed without the complete HC application.
While HC gives preference to members of the Christian faith, the School is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis [“protected class”] including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law except those exclusions specifically provided to Religious Organizations. The School is a Religious Organization as defined by Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and accordingly reserves the right to employ persons who profess a Christian faith and have a philosophy of ministry similar to ours.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Central Region School