Summer Food and Beverage Retail Intern
This position has been filled.
As our Retail & Concessions Intern, your main responsibility is to learn and assist in management of the retail and food & beverage. This position will run from late May – late August, 2016. Those who are not available or committed to working during this entire time period should not apply.
As our Food & Beverage / Retail Intern, you will be under the direction of the Concessions & Retail Manager, and be trained to:
- Receive and store all food and beverage & retail inventory; complete monthly inventory of all food & retail items as well as rotating stock
- Understand how to manage and maintain daily cost of sales, cash control and inventory; Manage and maintain daily cost of sales
- Monitor food quality to ensure it stays within company standard and Health Department regulations
- Regularly monitor retail store and ensure that it is well stocked and items are ticketed
- Assist with entering corrections to data in the Time and Attendance system and monitor corrections
- Maintain solid/appropriate relationships with vendors and service agencies
- Ensure compliance with franchise agreements, contracts and operating standards
- Ensure compliance with Dept. of Labor, DHEC and OSHA standards
- Perform periodic competitive price comparisons with local competition
- Provide Concessions & Retail Manager with feedback, ideas and suggestions on a timely basis
- College student seeking credit or May 2016 college graduate seeking experience
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience in related field; valid Driver’s License
- Required to work flexible schedule on the needs of the business
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Skills including Word, Excel, Publisher and other programs
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Good communication skills (verbal and written). Positive and effective leadership and customer service skills
Special Physical Requirements of the Job/Working Conditions:
- Routinely required to work extended hours based on business needs
- Must be able to walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects or controls, reach with hands and arms, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and climb stairs
- Routinely lift or move up to 50 pounds at least 20% of the time
- Routinely exposed to extreme hot/cold weather conditions, dust and particles, and loud noises
What’s in it for you?
You will gain valuable experience in the baseball industry, with full training provided and the opportunity to learn from all members of the front office! This internship comes with housing for those that are not local and wish to participate, and we will gladly work with you and your school to provide college credit for your internship experience.
Make Your Career Move Today!Join today and receive access to 8683 job postings and 731 available internships. Unlimited searches and unlimited applications are included in your membership.
Would you rather join over the phone? Call 866-252-3105