Assistant Coach - Softball
Role: Assists the head coach in supporting student-athlete academic success, recruiting prospective student-athletes following the College's mission and student-athlete recruitment procedures, and planning and directing the applicable sports program/athletic team.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the head coach in supporting student-athlete academic success by ensuring students are meeting the College's academic progress expectations and assists head coach in providing and enforcing appropriate interventions when there are signs of deficiency.
- Collaborates with other coaches to plan and direct the athletic team, assigning positions, preparing players for athletic competition, developing and implementing strategies to improve performance, and determining game strategy.
- Models and encourages leadership, sportsmanship, teamwork, and positive citizenship.
- Assists in verifying athlete eligibility prior to competition.
- In the absence of the head coach, serves as the responsible party for student-athlete safety and conduct during all team athletic practices, games, events and activities and notifies the athletic director of any issues.
- Assists the head coach in supporting marketing and public relations efforts by providing game/athletic contest results in a timely manner, sharing student-athlete success stories, and promoting athletics in the community using forums such as social media.
- Assists in overseeing the maintenance and inventory of sports equipment and supplies.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities: