The Manager, Sports is responsible for the organization and management of the sports program in the identified Region to support athlete growth and retention. The Manager, Sports oversees and manages sports programming, training, and competitions for the given Region under direction of a supervisor. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary by Region.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages Games Management Teams to conduct Regional Games and competition for all sports
- Identifies and contracts for facilities
- Oversees athlete registration and divisioning
- Recruits event volunteers
- Secures meals, officials, insurance and awards, and manages results
- Coordinates and runs athlete medical days as needed
- Secures medical personnel, promotes opportunities to athletes
- Coordinates office set-up and assists with maintaining athlete medical forms and monitoring system that ensures they are current and complete
Sports Program Management
- Manages Region’s sports programs by overseeing community teams and local programs sports activities, School Partnership Programs and Young Athlete Programs
- Maintains sports equipment and supplies in the office and at storage facility. This may involve the maintenance, purchase, inventory, distribution and collection of sports equipment and uniforms
Coach Recruitment, Training & Management
- Recruits, trains and supervises coaches for all sports offered including hosting orientations, clinics and meetings
- Oversees the Head of Sport, Head Coach and Assistant Coaches of each sport
- Maintains regular communication with coaches that includes written and verbal expectations
- Schedules periodic visits with coaches and teams at practices and competitions
- Organizes and conducts quarterly general orientation sessions, protective behaviors and sports training schools
- Maintains coach database and manage certification process
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 2-3 years of experience in recreation, sports administration and program development.
- Two years of experience in volunteer/staff management
- Paid or volunteer experience working with individuals with disabilities preferred.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Western Bull Riders Company
Western Hockey Franchise
Western Basketball Franchise
Western Bull Riders Company