The Part-Time Building Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing all tasks pertaining to facility upkeep and related equipment. This position will also be responsible for supporting ice rink related maintenance and staff.
- Safely operate machinery and ice resurfacer.
- Perform routine facility maintenance.
- Maintain all equipment related to ensuring the highest quality building operations, building appearance, ice resurfacer, compressor room, etc.
- Perform tasks throughout the facility related to upkeep, maintenance, and repair.
- Regularly check and inventory hardware.
- Responsible for keeping all areas of the facility clean and organized.
- Maintaining a professional and organized demeanor when dealing with both internal and external guests and coworkers.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures to ensure a safe and professional work environment.
- Properly report and document incidents.
- Have excellent working knowledge of the facility as a whole.
- Excellent customer service skills, especially in difficult situations.
- Ability to recognize unsafe situations and respond accordingly.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Mechanically inclined, including plumbing, mechanical, and carpentry experience preferred.
- Ability to problem solve and react in a calm manner to stressful situations.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- High school degree, or equivalent training experience required.
- Preferred 1-year experience with building maintenance.
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective safety operations
- CPR Certification or will be trained.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Sports Technology Company