Manager, Business Development
This position has been filled - Job#: 453374115
Your primary role is to be an extraordinary prospector, who can build relationships and generate Sales for the Global Partnerships team. Leveraging NHL League Rights, events and associated broadcast and digital partners, the successful candidate must be a proactive, goal-oriented individual, who thrives in a high-paced sales environment and is a contributor to departmental revenue goals and objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop sales prospects, with the goal of partnership and supporting revenue objectives.
- Regular outreach to prospective marketing partners and business categories, in an effort to generate engagement (inclusive of cold calling prospects).
- Identify and conduct effective research of potential marketing partners, including the creation of company brand profiles and insights, to be utilized for prospecting purposes.
- Identify, qualify and support the tracking of sales pipeline leads, in order to shepherd opportunities through the sales process.
- Update and manage the accuracy of sales documentation/processes, including but not limited to daily sales tracking pipelines, weekly prospect status reports, and revenue projection tracking.
- Develop and write ‘marketing based’ sales proposals, with support of the Business Development team, for new business pitches. Review, edit and proof copy of current sales presentations.
- Effectively and consistently contribute industry knowledge and best practices. Aggregate information that can be easily accessed and utilized by the Sales team.
- Schedule sales meetings and coordinate the team’s calendar, on occasion.
- Participate in internal and external client meetings, as appropriate, and prepare reports on prospect meetings, if in attendance.
- Identify and attend industry networking opportunities, where appropriate (i.e. industry functions, marketing, sporting and special events and/or conferences), on behalf of the NHL.
- Attend sales prospecting events and liaise with prospective clients and current Marketing Partners, as appropriate.
- Must have strong experience in prospect development and generating sales results.
- Must be a well-connected relationship builder.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency, in an aggressive sales environment.
- Displays confidence and ability to effectively prospect and perform sales outreach.
- Knowledge of the sales environment. industry and process is essential.
- A natural at building rapport and trust with others, both inside and outside of the organization.
- Organized, independent and a natural self-starter with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have a strong attention to detail.
- Exceptional writing and communication skills required.
- Exceptional knowledge of Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, WORD, EXCEL).
- Must be familiar with sports marketing and the sport of hockey.
- Possess a positive and energetic attitude.
- Ability to perform well in a team environment.
- Ability to collaborate with internal stakeholders.
- Ability to occasionally work weekends and evenings, in support of sales objectives and hospitality.
- French language skills are an asset.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 5 - 7 years of experience in a sales-based or marketing/media communications role.
- Previous work experience in events is an asset.
- University degree or relevant college diploma, preferably in commerce and/or marketing.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
West Region School
West Region School
Western Basketball Franchise
West Region Tennis Organization
National Lacrosse League