Assistant General Manager
- Oversee and manage all aspects of ice rink operations including but not limited to Figure Skating, Learn to Skate, Youth Hockey, Adult Hockey, Curling and Private rental sales for Ice Center.
- Create an environment that helps grow and promote youth/adult hockey and figure skating.
- Manage, train and develop approximately 30 front of house part time staff.
- Manage the recruitment/new hire process.
- Hire, train, schedule and manage all Front of House part time staff
- Respond to all inquiries regarding employment opportunities and internships at Ford Ice
- Source, phone screen and interview for all open positions at
- Work in conjunction with the Hockey manager and Manager to maintain the following records:
- Ice use Schedule
- Participant payments
- Contractor expenses/payments
- Oversee Front of House cash handling procedures.
- Oversee concessionaire at ice rink.
- Responsible for managing vendor relationships.
- Work to build a strong marketing plan that promotes all programs throughout all Ice Facilities.
- Oversee all aspects of facility scheduling to maximize revenue.
- Closely monitor a multi million-dollar expense budget and minimize wasteful spending throughout all departments.
- Work closely with sponsorship department to maximize sponsor opportunity through all events.
- Work with Human Resources and Legal departments in developing and ensuring compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Create a work environment for full and part-time employees that ensures success.
- Have basic working knowledge of all equipment throughout the facility.
- Responsible for managing and developing full time employees throughout the hiring, training, advancement, promotion or any other change of status.
- Maintain continuous communication with Human Resources in regard to the comprehensive oversight of employees including but not limited to: hiring, firing, advancement, continuous feedback and performance management.
- Work with Legal and Security departments in creating a safe environment for guests and employees.
- Create and develop standard operating procedures for all Ice Facilities.
- Serve as primary contact for ordering and maintaining office supplies and equipment and manage issues related to the same, including but not limited to, copy machines, internet, phones, front of house computers, walkie- talkies.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Responsible for providing exception customer service to patrons and to resolves issues related to the same.
- Oversee procurement of supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning administrative projects; expediting work results.
- Balance working at multiple facilities as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by General Manger or management.
- Bachelor’s Four Year College degree required.
- Minimum three (3) years in the Sports and Entertainment field.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Southeastern Basketball Franchise
Arena Football Team