Director of Sports Performance and Athletic Training
This position has been filled - Job#: 453374513
Position Summary:The Director of Sports Performance and Athletic Trainingis responsible for coordination, development, and communication of all medical systems, resources, and strategies. This person is responsible for merging the fields of sports science and sports medicine.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees all club Athletic Trainers, Rehabilitation Staff, Strength and Conditioning Staff, Nutrition Staff and Outside Consultants/Resources.
- Support the President and Team Medical Director in the overall management of medical staff.
- Act as a responsible and knowledgeable resource for medical information 24/7 while being HIPAA compliant.
- Coordinate with team Head Athletic Trainers on all player treatments, rehabilitation and injury management programs.
- Collect data on medical care and outcomes and provide regular reports to the President, Team Medical Director and coaching staff regarding the status of players.
- Assist in the hiring, evaluation and coordination of physicians, athletic trainers, physical therapists and strength coaches.
- Assist in the risk assessment of possible player selections in the transfer market, trades and amateur draft.
- Perform research projects as directed and stay abreast of risk trends in professional soccer.
- Bachelor’s degree or combination of related education and experience.
- DPT-ATC certification or a Masters/PhD in Exercise Physiology or Kinesiology.
- Two years of working experience as a physical therapist or certified athletic trainer.
- Medical, clinical, or practice experience required.
- A strong background in athletics and experience in soccer is a plus.
- Fluency in Spanish and/or Portuguese a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal/organizational skills and ability to communicate with medical personnel, players, and coaching staff.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective internal and external working relationships.
- Must possess exceptional decision-making ability and attention to detail.
- Must be flexible and responsive to evolving and changing business environment.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidential medical information.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and handle various competing activities and interests simultaneously.
- Strong grasp of Microsoft Office Suite and ability to learn other basic computer programs.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Southeast Region School