Seeking a qualified candidate to serve the institution as Athletic Director. The position is responsible for: providing administrative direction and oversight for all intercollegiate athletics staff, programs, facilities, and activities; ensuring compliance with all federal, NAIA, conference, and College athletics regulations; administering divisional funds and accounts in a fiscally responsible manner; sustaining a culture of sportsmanship, professionalism and respect at all levels; overseeing sports information, marketing of athletic events, and solicitation of sponsorships; and collaborating with Enrollment, Academics, and Student Development on the recruitment and retention of student athletes and with Advancement related to the Rams Club.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND FUNCTIONS
The specific responsibilities of the Athletic Director include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Serve as the administrator for all of the areas under the Department of Athletics.
- Oversee, motivate, develop, and train the Athletics Division staff. Provide the support and mentoring necessary to attract, develop and retain successful personnel.
- Provide leadership and management that will achieve and sustain competitive excellence across the division’s varied programs.
- Develop and manage the fiscal budget for all athletic administrative areas and each intercollegiate team and oversee the wise expenditure of the funds allotted to those areas for programs, services and activities.
- Develop and manage the division’s physical resources.
- Serve on the College Leadership Team as the liaison for the Division of Athletics.
- Annually determine and monitor through continuous institutional effectiveness evaluations the coaching staff and the entire athletics division.
- Cooperate with the Office of Enrollment Management in setting and meeting recruitment goals for each athletic program and accompanying scholarship aid strategy.
- Through active fundraising (in concert with the Office of Advancement) and the creation of new revenue streams, develop the resources necessary to enhance athletics programming, facilities and infrastructure in alignment with the College’s strategic vision.
- Maintain compliance with federal, NAIA, conference, and College regulations.
- Consistently model a high degree of customer service and student focus. Work collaboratively and support other team members.
- Represent in a professional and Christ-like manner at all times.
MARGINAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND FUNCTIONS
The marginal duties, responsibilities, and functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Comply with all rules, policies, and procedures as established by College.
- Interpret College policies to employees and enforce safety regulations.
- Frequent nights and week-end work and some travel required.
- Represent the College at professional meetings and other special or public events.
- Function as a member of the College community by accepting special and committee assignments as directed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Northeast Region School