Seasonal Digital/Social Media Associate (Part-Time)
The NBA Team are seeking a creative & hard-working Seasonal Digital/Social Media Associate to contribute to the team throughout the 2018-19 NBA season.
The role will assist with our digital content efforts primarily related to our social presence, but will also touch on our web & app content needs.
A potential fit for this role will be a digitally savvy self-starter with both creative & business focused skill sets. You might be a strong candidate if you are reliable, flexible and passionate about digital with a willingness to work collaboratively within a dynamic team environment.
We are looking for an individual who is eager to help create content for NBA Team fans all around the world. As the Digital Associate, you should have a real passion for content creation, social media, digital & sports. In addition, flexible schedules are required (especially around evenings & weekends) as many responsibilities will be around game-nights or corporate partner events.
We want individuals to join our team that have a can-do attitude and an ability to clearly express ideas and suggestions to the Digital team, and other departments within the organization. We are seeking a passionate, enthusiastic and compassionate individual who has the ability to operate using both their left & right brains.
- You will assist our team in tagging, sorting and organizing published posts under campaigns & clients to streamline reporting.
- You will gain an understanding of the marketing platform we use and work within that platform to build more efficient reporting processes.
- In addition, you will gain a basic understanding of HTML and the Drupal content management system and will help the team in publishing and editing stories on the website & the mobile app.
- Work on game-days to help with live game coverage from social perspective – this will include creating content and publishing posts across social channels, cutting video highlights, etc.
- You will be responsible for helping create content and cover team activities across multiple areas of the organization, including basketball coverage, community events, partnership events.
- You will bring a creative eye and feel empowered to make suggestions and come up with ideas to improve our social media presence.
- You could potentially be assigned research projects to understand what other teams/brands are utilizing social platforms effectively to help ensure a competitive advantage.
- You will help drive digital growth by actively participating in internal meetings and executing business partner opportunities.
- Interest and background in digital / social media
- Ability to deliver simultaneous projects in a timely manner
- Great teammate with positive energy, who has a drive for learning
- You write, speak, and present well, and have a knack for sharing complicated ideas in a way multiple partners can understand
- Note that this role requires flexible work hours and may include work outside of normal office hours during the business week and on weekends.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Sports & Entertainment Company